Snorkel St. Thomas or St. Martin

Tybro

Hi all, We're going to St. Thomas and St. Martin next week and enjoy snorkeling, wave runners, swimming. Would like advice from anyone who has been to excursion here. Should we go with the ship? Which beach would your recommend? If you had to pick one, would you snorkel in St. Thomas or St. Martin?

Thanks

GG

There are dozens of threads (many on this page) that will help you. A couple even compare STT to SXM.

My choice would be the Golden Eagle in SXM, excellent 1/2 sail and snorkel at Creole Rock and a stop at Tintamarre - sailingsxm.com.

If you don't take that then Coki and Sapphire are your best bets on STT. Search the forum for those names and you'll get a ton of info.

There are dozens of threads (many on this page) that will help you. A couple even compare STT to SXM.

My choice would be the Golden Eagle in SXM, excellent 1/2 sail and snorkel at Creole Rock and a stop at Tintamarre - sailingsxm.com.

If you don't take that then Coki and Sapphire are your best bets on STT. Search the forum for those names and you'll get a ton of info.

Forgot to mention that if you have time there are a couple great charters from Red Hook to the BVI for the ultimate snorkeling at the Norman Caves, Indians, and the Rhone.

Pirates penny/stormy petrel is very popular, and New zhorizon is another option. Otherwise there are some great ssils out of Red Hook and Sapphire marinas.

Just sounds like a day sail might fit you, no? If not Sapphire is a great beach for the day, we spent a week there and loved the views, and the name Sapphire fits.

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

Hi. We got back from our cruise about 2 wks ago, and we went snorkeling in both ports, so I'll tell you about our experiences.

In St. Thomas we pre-scheduled a sea turtle snorkel tour with Fury Charters. In St. Maarten we decided to wing it in port and found Blue Bubbles dive shop for a snorkel tour.

Based solely on what we saw in the water, water clarity, how deep we could see, the diversity of things we saw, colorful things, etc. our St. Thomas trip won hands down. Based on customer service, Fury Charters beat Blue Bubbles hands down. If you search on trip advisor, you can read my reviews of each trip.

Hi. We got back from our cruise about 2 wks ago, and we went snorkeling in both ports, so I'll tell you about our experiences.

In St. Thomas we pre-scheduled a sea turtle snorkel tour with Fury Charters. In St. Maarten we decided to wing it in port and found Blue Bubbles dive shop for a snorkel tour.

Based solely on what we saw in the water, water clarity, how deep we could see, the diversity of things we saw, colorful things, etc. our St. Thomas trip won hands down. If you search on trip advisor, you can read my reviews of each trip.

Totally agree! While we dearly love going to St. Maarten, St.Thomas/St.John win hands down when it comes to snorkeling.

Based solely on what we saw in the water, water clarity, how deep we could see, the diversity of things we saw, colorful things, etc. our St. Thomas trip won hands down. Based on customer service, Fury Charters beat Blue Bubbles hands down. If you search on trip advisor, you can read my reviews of each trip.

Thank you! We were having a hard time deciding which island to chose to do snorkeling and which to do a land tour. This helps since we have also been leaning towards Fury Charters.

Archived