Shaded deck chairs on Splendor?

RMLincoln

I'm wondering if there are deck chairs, lounge chairs, on the exterior decks on Splendor that are shaded. I was on Carnival Liberty which had some lounge chairs on the exterior deck off the atrium plus some off the upper buffet that were shaded but I haven't been able to find any photos of Splendo showing loungers that overlook the sea.

Even if the loungers aren't shaded, it's an important part of cruising for us to be able to sit with a book and enjoy watching the sea instead of the swimming pool. We're booked on the 'round the horn South American set of cruises and will have an inside cabin so I'm very concerned about being able to enjoy the many sea days. Thanks to those who have cruised on her for sharing your experiences. m--

Does this mean that there are no chairs on the lower outside decks that have an overhang? And the only chairs we'll find are on the open decks up around the pools and above? Thanks for the help, m--

I had repeatedly whined about the lack of deck chairs along the covered outside promenade decks on Carnival ships. I swear there were NO chairs out there on ANY of them!

Then I started reading reviews and people talking about sitting out there. So, when I sailed Glory last October, I went out and, voila, there they were!

Unfortunately, they only had them on the shady side on our way to Bermuda and it was mid-October, so quite cool. The one day they had them out on the sunny side, I was just starting to sit down and a worker came around telling us we had to leave because they were going to clean the decks.

:mad:

But, yes, apparently the do have them. Sometimes. On the larger ships at least.

Thank you for this link, it's helpful and a bit hopeful. It does show a picture of one of the outside lower decks with two lounge chairs, maybe others stacked up in the distance. It's the only picture I've seen showing this deck.

This ship lacks a library or lounge with ocean views for quiet time on sea days. There are booths in the "oceanview promenade" next to the windows but when you sit in them they face away from the sea. Outside loungers looks like the only possiblity. And maybe the Lido buffet if the weather is poor.

This is going to take some more research and rethinking if we want to be on board for so long, 48 days. Thanks for your help. m--

I had repeatedly whined about the lack of deck chairs along the covered outside promenade decks on Carnival ships. I swear there were NO chairs out there on ANY of them!

Then I started reading reviews and people talking about sitting out there. So, when I sailed Glory last October, I went out and, voila, there they were!

Unfortunately, they only had them on the shady side on our way to Bermuda and it was mid-October, so quite cool. The one day they had them out on the sunny side, I was just starting to sit down and a worker came around telling us we had to leave because they were going to clean the decks.

:mad:

But, yes, apparently the do have them. Sometimes. On the larger ships at least.

This is at least encouraging:) Thank you for sharing your experience. m--

I'm wondering if there are deck chairs, lounge chairs, on the exterior decks on Splendor that are shaded. I was on Carnival Liberty which had some lounge chairs on the exterior deck off the atrium plus some off the upper buffet that were shaded but I haven't been able to find any photos of Splendo showing loungers that overlook the sea.

Even if the loungers aren't shaded, it's an important part of cruising for us to be able to sit with a book and enjoy watching the sea instead of the swimming pool. We're booked on the 'round the horn South American set of cruises and will have an inside cabin so I'm very concerned about being able to enjoy the many sea days. Thanks to those who have cruised on her for sharing your experiences. m--

I just want you to know: I am VERY VERY VERY jealous of you! And I suspect that on a journey that long, you can ask them to place a lounge chair whereever you want it to be :)

That long deck that is shown is deck 3, under the lifeboats. I remember there being some lounge chairs there in April.

I was there last week on my 3rd SPLENDOR cruise. It is, indeed, one of the quietest spots on the ship. There were maybe 15-20 deck chairs out there. Sun on one side if you want it and shade on the other if that's you choice. Very few people out there as well. (I don't think its well known, although its the same deck you board on) Just a hop and a jump into the Atrium Bar for a drink, also. I love that area. Pics of it in my WEBSHOTS below.

Okay, I just checked. I didn't get any pics of deck 3 this last cruise on the SPLENDOR, but plenty from the previous SPLENDOR cruises. Sorry. They are also on my WEBSHOTS site.

Edited by glrounds

• 2 years later...

okay, now perhaps an experienced splendor sailor can help me out. I've read about the location of shade, but need to know if there is any shade provided in the smoking areas, deck 10! Since you can't smoke in the cigar bar, huh?, an outdoor shaded area should be provided...some where! haven't cruised w/Splendor before, so am just trying to get the layout. Thanks to anyone who can nelp.