Paradice or RCI Monarch

TahoeBob

I have only been on one cruise and that was last December on RCI's Vision of the seas. I will be in LA for a short time this December and would like to get a short cruise in. First off Money is a issue and there is now way I can afford a 7 day cruise (daughter getting married in March) and I will be driving to LA from Nothern California, so cruising from another port is also out of the question.

Both the Monarch and the Paradice are about the same price and do the same things. Has any one sailed on both ships and how do they stack up next to each other. The things I am intrested in are the food, shows, room size, and anything other that is good to do. It will just be DW and I so I have no need on kid info.

Thanks for any help

Tahoe Bob

Haven't been on the Paradise but I was on the Monarch and enjoyed that ship very much. One thing is that the cabins & bathrooms are very small. If cabin size is important, you may want to go on the Paradise.

TTT

Tahoe Bob-

For what it is worth, we were on the Monarch over a year ago and were less than impressed with the ship. Although we had a great time, things just seemed a little unkept and the crew a little under par compared to what we had on other ships. Also, the cabins did seem small.

We had friends who went on the Inspiration over Christmas and had a wonderful time and had nothing but great things to say about the ship.

Am I biased? Well, having been on other RCL ships, Carnival and Princess are still my preferred lines.

Either ship you choose you'll have a great time!

-uwbadger

I am looking into the same two ships for a short family trip in January. I posted on another board (and talked with my TA) and we've decided to go on the Paradise. The ship is supposed to be in better condition, have better food, a better kids program, and bigger rooms. Two of my friends just went on the Paradise (one with two small kids and on without) and they both had a great time. Also, I think RCCL stops in San Diego and I go there all the time (we live about 1 hour north of there) and don't need to port there.

Archived