Alaskan Cruise

Your in-laws will need exactly the documents that Budget Queen has posted.

If you leave from Seattle, the ship will stop in Victoria, B.C. which is a Canadian port or if the ship leaves from Vancouver, you will be entering Canada and need these documents.

They really should have passports and if there is time to get them, I would strongly suggest they do so. This time is nearing when a Passport will be required for all travel between Canada and the US and other countries.

Huh? confused.gif

ALASKA ia a state.

Just because Alaska is in US doesnt mean the ship doesnt leave US waters. In our trip to Alaska coming up we go to Victoria CANADA. I am glad this question was asked, I was curious myself..

Just because Alaska is in US doesnt mean the ship doesnt leave US waters. In our trip to Alaska coming up we go to Victoria CANADA. I am glad this question was asked, I was curious myself..

Don't knock him for pointing out Alaska is a state. When I moved to the lower 48 from Alaska, I got lots of questions, such as how was it being in the U.S., could they see my passport, how was customs, did I speak English. Some people honestly don't realize that Alaska is in fact part of the United States.

Sorry,

I honestly didn't think that travel to Alaska would require more than simple photo ID as when you fly. At the moment, I thought we could still enter Canada without a passport.

wrp96, thanks for your comment--you know what I meant.

I didn't mean to be flip in my comment, it never occured to me that a US citizen would need a passport to go to Alaska. Thanks for the info.

Trust me Cruz, I live in spitting distance of Canada (An urge I manage to resist most of the time) and Canadian Immigrations officials are pleased as punch with a birth certificate and photo ID. Last trip in late March, that was all I needed.

There WAS talk of requiring passports for both Canada and Mexico, but Vincente Fox and his north of us counterpart rattled some sabres, realizing how that would impact them, and Bush decided maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

OK, so both my husband and I have a passport, but he is stationed in Korea...not sure if he will bring his home (since he is in the military he only has to show his military ID, doens't need his passport). Since the trip is a surprise I haven't told him to bring it home.

I do have a copy of it though.

He has a birth certificate, but he was born in Germany....(military child).

So....he has lots of picture ID's, copy of his passport, out of country birth certificate....think there will be any problems? :)

Sue117

Archived