If you are planning a small Meet and Greet…Kuddos NCL!

jvsnana

I am planning the Meet and Greet for our upcoming Jewel Pacific Coastal Repo cruise in September.

Our Roll Call is very small with only 12 people signed up for the M & G so far.

I was under the impression from reading other threads that NCL would only let you have a M & G if there were more than 20 people attending.

I popped off an email to the Jewel events coordinator last night and this morning I received a great reply with the time, date and venue for our party of 12!

Of course, we still have 4 months to go before the cruise and I am hoping more will join us!

Kuddos to Mayra at NCL :)

I am planning the Meet and Greet for our upcoming Jewel Pacific Coastal Repo cruise in September.

I was under the impression from reading other threads that NCL would only let you have a M & G if there were more than 20 people attending.

I popped off an email to the Jewel events coordinator last night and this morning I received a great reply with the time, date and venue for our party of 12!

Of course, we still have 4 months to go before the cruise and I am hoping more will join us!

Yes, I agree NCL rolls out the red carpet for us here on CC with a room, some snacks and the attendance of some Officers, including the Captain sometimes. It is very nice.

We're sailing in 10 days :D, and I didn't book until late March or early April. There was a roll-call going, but no mention of a meet & greet, so I set one up thinking ours was going to be too small too.

We're now up at about 45 people, so don't give up hope on having more join you! We've probably had 10 or so people join in the last week.

We're sailing in 10 days :D, and I didn't book until late March or early April. There was a roll-call going, but no mention of a meet & greet, so I set one up thinking ours was going to be too small too.

We're now up at about 45 people, so don't give up hope on having more join you! We've probably had 10 or so people join in the last week.

Thanks for the upbeat note of your post! Hope your M & G is a success and your cruise is a blast:)

I definitely think your M&G list will grow long before September! We have had smaller roll call 'sign-ups' of 12-20 and NCL was happy to accommodate us, the Event Coordinator just needs to know the estimated amount for the little brunch set-up, (coffee, tea, juice, milk, sweet rolls).

2 thumbs up for Mayra, she is always cheerful and willing to do whatever she can to help insure congenial events :D

We are a little less than 2 months away from our cruise. There has been activity on our page, but when I started the "official" list & asked who would like to attend only 1other couple responded :eek: I'm hoping more "sign up", if not the other couple & I said we would just meet for a drink somewhere.

I do have one question (this is the first one I am trying to get the m&g together & only our 2nd cruise) if we start to get more ppl interested, how far in advance should I contact NCL. Thank you in advance :)

We are a little less than 2 months away from our cruise. There has been activity on our page, but when I started the "official" list & asked who would like to attend only 1other couple responded :eek: I'm hoping more "sign up", if not the other couple & I said we would just meet for a drink somewhere.

I do have one question (this is the first one I am trying to get the m&g together & only our 2nd cruise) if we start to get more ppl interested, how far in advance should I contact NCL. Thank you in advance[color="darkred"

Give them a courtesy email at least 1 month out. BTW: we've been told to submit our finalized M&G List from 7 to 10 days before the cruise itself. Hope that helps :)

I do have one question (this is the first one I am trying to get the m&g together & only our 2nd cruise) if we start to get more ppl interested, how far in advance should I contact NCL. Thank you in advance :)

I set up the M & G for our Sun cruise. Roughly 40 people total expressed interest and I e-mailed the Group Events Coordinator 1 month out. After I posted the particulars I only received a response totalling 20 so I e-mailed NCL again 3 days before the cruise so they would not waste resources (food). They responded quickly each time. Only 10 people actually showed...

It was kind of embarassing as there were 6 officers in attendance but they were all SO NICE about it! It turned out to be great after all because our small group stayed and chatted a very long time after the officers left and we saw each other throughout the cruise and on excursions. No worries! It's all good!

One caveat: Get the cabin numbers of your attendees. NCL changed

our room the Thurs before our Sun cruise. I posted the new info

on CC, our Facebook page & e-mailed all. Plus had another sign made up

to post @ the former meeting venue.

It never fails that you will have maybe up to half the folks not show

up. In our case, many were traveling w/children so forwent the

meeting.

Our group M&G on the Star, held in the Bistro, had all the officers and the captain participating. All those that attended received an invitation in their cabin for a bridge tour on the last sea day. We visited in smaller groups so we could really see what goes on. Kudos to NCL.

I know what you mean about small roll calls. I've been pulling every trick in the book to keep our roll call (September 23-Star-Bermuda) from being buried on the last page :o. We are at 10 now and I know we should have at least 20 to contact NCL but I will contact them with the 10 if I have to. Past experience tells me that more will join, some the day before sailing - anyone who has done a M&G knows what I'm talking about :rolleyes:.

Some of our roll calls and M&G's were so big that they moved us to the main dining room :eek:. Some were so small - our smallest was (6) on the Spirit. The actual roll call was a good size but only SIX people showed up at the meeting (sea day-good weather :confused:) That one actually turned out to be one of the best because all the officers stayed and we had a great one-on-one discussion group :D.

If it is a small Meet and Greet of just 12 or so I wonder where they will let you hold it. It should get bigger in four Months.

Our venue is set for the Star Bar on deck 13 mid ship.

A great location for our group, I think:)…just the right size!

Archived