Celebrity and kids. Vs Norweigan

Submariner

Hi all

My wife and I together with her parents and her sister/brother in law and their kids are lookin to book a cruise out of New York.

We have a problem in deciding on the cruise.

My wife and her parents prefer to book on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda while her sister with he two kids (3 and 7 years old) is adamant that the Celebrity is ill suited for her kids and they will get bored and it not being kid friendly etc as say, a Norweigan cruise, for instance.

Granted, Norweigan would probably be best for kids but is the Summit comPletely wrong for them? Would they indeed be bored?

Just want to get opinions from parents who have done both - or at least done the Summit.

you will always get mixed answers on this question. Many people have cruised Celebrity with children and the kids have had a great time. Other children have been bored. On our recent Silhouette cruise we were walking around deck one evening and saw very few children in the kids club. One lady we spoke to said her kids were going but only because they were bored with the rest of the ship and at least there was something to do there. It always depends on the kids, what amuses them? If she feels her kids will be bored she does know them best but if she gave them a chance they may like it.

We did the Summit last year with our 2 girls - 2 and 4. We had to drag our 4 year old out of the Fun Factory whenever we put her in. DD#2 was fully potty trained and they did let us bring her any event that my 4 year old went to as long as one of us stayed with her. She went 2 times - she preferred the pool and walking around the ship. Both girls were treated like Princesses all week.

We are going again this year and both girls are very excited to go to the fun factory and are already talking about the trip every day.

When we sailed there were 400 or 500 kids - there were plenty of them BUT not so many that they were everywhere you turned. We spoke with some families on the NCL cruise docked next to us and they said they had 1000 kids and it was kind of crazy that week.

We sailed in August so there were tons of family. The week after us (we went the week before Labor day) they said they were expecting only 50 kids. I think it is important if you do choose the Summit to go during a school break when there should be plenty of families.

Archived