Just booked NCL Epic!

lara_lox

I've just booked my cruise on the Epic, leaving in only 52 days! It will be my first time sailing on her, but my second time with NCL so I have a rough idea of what to expect.

I've gone for a Studio cabin seeing as I'm travelling by myself and wanted access to the Living Room, but I'm rather worried about how small it will be for when I'm trying to get ready. I'm really excited though, I can't wait :)

Good for you! Wish it was me.

I'm sure you will have a great time. Please, please, please write a detailed review when you get back to let us know all about the solo cruise experience on the Epic. I would be interested in knowing everything from room and bathroom size, storage space, information about the 'living room', arranged gatherings, dining, and how easy or difficult it was to make friends. It would be interesting to also know a little about the demographics of the other solo cruisers - approximate ages, interests, degree of mobility, etc. Additionally, since the solo rooms seem to be so spread out, what is located in the 'dead' spaces around the rooms - laundry, pantry, machinery, etc.? Noise level?

I look forward to hearing all about it, and hope you have a truly wonderful cruise.

Thank you for such a lovely reply Lyn, I'm sure it will be great.

I will definitely write a review when I get back, I will even try and do it promptly for a change! My reviews tend to be long ramblings in a day by day, mini novel style, I will probably automatically cover most the points you have mentioned anyway. As for the cabin, I am in 12530, which is one of the ones next to an empty space according to the deck plan. My TA wasn't entirely sure what this was though... But as I have booked so late I didn't have much choice. I will let you know in a couple of months!

I will also be on the July 1 sailing of the Epic. My second time in one of the studios. I had a great time on my previous trip; met some really nice people in the studio lounge during the Happy Hour. We ended up doing group dinners nearly every night!

I'll also be watching for your review. :D I booked the Epic for a Western Med cruise next year--a little treat for myself when DD goes off to college and I can't wait! It'll be my first NCL cruise and my first solo cruise so I'll be especially interested in your experience as a solo cruiser. I've also booked a studio next to one of those blank areas. :p

Have a wonderful cruise!

I'll also be watching for your review. :D I booked the Epic for a Western Med cruise next year--a little treat for myself when DD goes off to college and I can't wait! It'll be my first NCL cruise and my first solo cruise so I'll be especially interested in your experience as a solo cruiser. I've also booked a studio next to one of those blank areas. :p

Have a wonderful cruise!

What she said! I'm doing my first solo on the Epic in December. I can't wait to hear what you thought about it after your trip. It sounds like its going to be FANTASTIC...so I'll look forward to hearing about OP's trip so I can live vicariously till my turn comes.:D

I'm going solo on Epic in just 13 days. Eeek. I decided not to stay in the studio but got a balcony. I'm excited and scared at the same time. My first solo cruise though I've cruised NCL twice before with my family and RCI twice again with my family.

I'm going solo on Epic in just 13 days. Eeek. I decided not to stay in the studio but got a balcony. I'm excited and scared at the same time. My first solo cruise though I've cruised NCL twice before with my family and RCI twice again with my family.

Have a wonderful cruise! :D

34 days until on the Epic for the 2nd time crusing solo :)

I first thought booking an IX guarantee cabin but then switched to a studio although slightly more expensive.

Curious to see how the living room has developed, pictures look promising.

I'm on the Epic in a Studio the first week of December. Please let us know how you like the Studio.

I've done both Royal Caribbean and Carnival as a solo, but this will be my first time on NCL. I'm actually looking more forward to the Living Room for the Studio just so that I can finally get a sense of what other solo's are on board. While I've never minded traveling solo, it will be nice to be able to identify other solo travelers to compare notes.

Have a blast!

I'm on the Epic in a Studio the first week of December. Please let us know how you like the Studio.

I've done both Royal Caribbean and Carnival as a solo, but this will be my first time on NCL. I'm actually looking more forward to the Living Room for the Studio just so that I can finally get a sense of what other solo's are on board. While I've never minded traveling solo, it will be nice to be able to identify other solo travelers to compare notes.

Have a blast!

I think I saw you on my roll call. Its busy over there and I think there's about 5 of us going solo. I expect it'll be a whole lotta fun!

At first thought that I was on the same cruise date and with a studio very near by. Now see that I am on the Epic on Aug. 1 not July 1, so look forward to seeing your review. Also look forward to the studio experience.

Will have spent the month of July in Italy before going on the cruise, so look forward to ending the time in Europe with this cruise. Then back home to Honduras.

Symbacat

i was on the epic in january, my first time on ncl. i sailed rcl and carnival several times solo. the living room experience is overblown in my opinion. all it attracted were tea toddlers. after the first night there was no one there except for a few in the morning for coffee. it is a very boring place. rcl, and carnival is a much better line to cruise solo.

i was on the epic in january, my first time on ncl. i sailed rcl and carnival several times solo. the living room experience is overblown in my opinion. all it attracted were tea toddlers. after the first night there was no one there except for a few in the morning for coffee. it is a very boring place. rcl, and carnival is a much better line to cruise solo.

Were the toddlers parents with them?? ;);)

Well, while I'm not completely averse to alcohol, I'm not much of a drinker myself. So having a bunch of tea teetotalers there wouldn't be a problem for me.

I sailed solo on the Epic on the TA last spring and had a blast. The living room was crowded every nite for the meetup and many people went to dinner and events together. I loved the fact that I could run down and grab some coffee and breakfast before getting dressed in the morning. I am not really human until after my coffee!:D

So, it just really depends on the people onboard. I would imagine tht the lving room would be very different each cruise. And don't forget, theres a vending machine for soda in bottles in there!:eek:

I have a solo booked for November but since I know so many people on the cruise, don't know how much I will socialize in there. And its all people I have met on cruises!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read your last review, and it was great, so detailed and so much fun!! I am looking forward to your next review, I know this is cheeky, but pleeease post it as soon as you can, as I am travelling on the Epic in a Studio on 12 August - only booked this yesterday, never cruised solo before, and never cruised with NCL, so I love reading all the info on here.

My Studio is 12570, with a blank space on 3 sides, AND a connecting door!!:eek: I will probably be in the middle of a laundry room or something ... but booking so late I feel lucky to get onboard!!:D

And I do like all the photos of your outfits!:)

I am going on my first solo cruise in August with Carnival. If I like that, I am seriously considering traveling the Epic sometime next year. I love my balcony, so I am a bit concerned with having such a small, (inside?) room on the Epic. The living room makes it very tempting though.

Can't wait to read your review!

I am going on my first solo cruise in August with Carnival. If I like that, I am seriously considering traveling the Epic sometime next year. I love my balcony, so I am a bit concerned with having such a small, (inside?) room on the Epic. The living room makes it very tempting though.

Can't wait to read your review!

I know how you feel! Other than my first cruise in 1997, we've always had balconies. But, I've booked my first solo cruise in an Epic studio and I can't wait! I'm thinking the western Med itinerary is so port intensive it should be fine. :D

I know how you feel! Other than my first cruise in 1997, we've always had balconies. But, I've booked my first solo cruise in an Epic studio and I can't wait! I'm thinking the western Med itinerary is so port intensive it should be fine. :D

Do you know how long the Epic will be cruising the mediterranean? Will it be back in the US so sometime in 2013?

Do you know how long the Epic will be cruising the mediterranean? Will it be back in the US so sometime in 2013?

I believe she does part of the year in Europe and part of the year in the Caribbean. If I recall correctly from when I booked, my cruise in October 2013 is the last in the Western Med before a trans-Atlantic.