Our Alaska Itinerary

quickfingers

Thank you to all of the posters on Cruise Critics. With your help my wife and I feel we are getting the best value for our money. Last year when we went to the Caribbean, we booked ALL of our excursions through the cruise line, live and learn. With everyones help, this year we booked most of our excursions on our own.

We are going on the Celebrity-Summit, southern direction, out of Seward. Here is what we thought was great, for us and out two daughters, 14 and 16.

August 7th - Juneau - Costal Helicopter with dogsleding. Lisa :) was very helpful. Because we booked so early, we got to pick our time when they pick us up at the boat.

August 8th - Skagway - White Pass Railroad. This we did through the cruise line. It cost us $11 more, but they pick us up and drop us off at the ship.

August 9th - Icy Strait Point - Whale watching. We contacted F.I.S.H.E.S through the wonderful suggestions on cruise critics. We talked with Floyd :) yesterday. We will be on his 36' catamaran. He will take us out as long as we want. He can get us to see the whales quicker that the cruise ship excursion. There will be six of us on the boat as opposed to 200 on the excurion provided by the cruise line. We will be able to stop if we see something along the way. We were told that the boat used by the cruise lines last year, was condemned. :mad:

August 10th - Ketchikan - Float plane. My wife and daughters are going with Southeastern Aviation on the float plane tour to Misty Fjords. Jim is extremely helpful. My wife does not like flying on small planes. After talking with Jim :) about the flight experence of the three pilots he has, she is confident that she will have no problems. Jim is helping me get a fishing trip set up for the day. I want to go out fishing for MORE than four hours other charters do for cruise ship passangers. I would like to fish for about six to eight hours. I don't mind sharing a boat.

This is what we thought would be a great cruise for our family.

Everyone we have talked to in Alaska were very helpful and VERY nice. This is there livelyhood.

Any comments from the other seasoned cruise passangers on this board?

Everyone - thank you again for all of you suggests. They turned out to be great. :)

CruisingChick,

This is why I put them on cruisecritic.

All of the private tour companies we booked with have been GREAT.

Good luck. Have a great time. I would like to know how your cruise went.

quickfingers

Archived