Is there WI-FI on Dawn?

racepoint

Leaving soon (today:)) on Dawn and wondering if would be worthwhile to bring the laptop. Is there Wi-Fi available on the ship and, if so, what is the cost? Also, does anyone know the current charges for using the computers in the Internet Cafe? Thank you!!

Leaving soon (today:)) on Dawn and wondering if would be worthwhile to bring the laptop. Is there Wi-Fi available on the ship and, if so, what is the cost? Also, does anyone know the current charges for using the computers in the Internet Cafe? Thank you!!

Yes, there is wifi.

Cost is pretty high. You can pick up a price list in the internet cafe. Price catagories are broken down by "data usage". No video streaming available. I can't remember specifics, but it's pricey. Signal quality is very slow.

Leave the computer at home and enjoy your cruise.

There is no charge for using the machines in the internet cafe. You pay the per minute charge or buy a "package" of minutes whether you use your computer or their equipment. As stated above, the cost is pretty high and speed is awful. No video or skype allowed.

There is no charge for using the machines in the internet cafe. You pay the per minute charge or buy a "package" of minutes whether you use your computer or their equipment. As stated above, the cost is pretty high and speed is awful. No video or skype allowed.

I expected to see packages by the "minute" when we sailed last October, but it was broken down by "data usage" with examples of how much data for emailing, web surfing, etc. and I thought those prices applied to to cafe computers as well. Maybe I misunderstood. They assign you a PIN which you use to log in, and it's tied to your ship account. They suggest that you compose emails off-line, then log-on to send.

If you are aboard the Dawn this weekend, then you are heading to Bermuda. Bermuda has wi-fi at the port for better fees than the ship. IMO if you need internet wait to you get to Bermuda and purchase their internet package. Have a great cruise!

If you're on Dawn I'm assuming you are going to Bermuda. You can get 3 days of wifi from telebermuda for something like $14.95 way less than the slow satellite wifi on Dawn at about $100 for 200 minutes or something like that. The NCL wifi is free to go to the NCL site to look at other cruises, but expensive for more than just checking your email. It is also very slow due to satellite uplink/downlink limits.

Archived