Captains Club and RCCL

teacherman

We have 5 cruises on Celebrity and 32 nights on RCCL. We will again be cruising with Celebrity in July. Is there some way that these 2 programs combine to reach a higher cruise status on these cruise lines, or does each one stand alone?

We have 5 cruises on Celebrity and 32 nights on RCCL. We will again be cruising with Celebrity in July. Is there some way that these 2 programs combine to reach a higher cruise status on these cruise lines, or does each one stand alone?

The highest level you are on one makes you the equivalent level on the other. Since you are Diamond+ on Royal you will be Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity has no level higher yet.

Your Royal total will stay at 32 and your Celebrity will increase to 6. The totals don't combine.

My understanding is that they are different programs. RCCL goes by total # of cruise days. X goes by points. 10 pts to get to elite status. Once in elite when going on rccl you are considered diamond.

X 1pt for each cruise. extra pt for cc class and extra pt. for 14 days or more.

No travel agent or RCI/X staff member has ever come up with a reason

why they have different programs :confused: (Hotels and airlines combine across brands...).

The only consolation is that the Carnival brands are worse--you get no

recognition at all. I sailed on Princess after 5 trips on Cunard and was given

a new Princess account WITH THE SAME NUMBER as my Cunard membership,

but with no credit for my Cunard experience.:mad:

X 1pt for each cruise. extra pt for cc class and extra pt. for 14 days or more.

It's an extra point for cc and above (e.g. Aqua, Suites) and another point for sailing on an itinerary of 12-nights or longer.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Captain%27s+Club+Loyalty+Rewards&faqId=4529&faqSubjectId=64

Mike

Archived