Elation 4/30 - 5/5

Bama Fan

We got back on May 5th. I will touch on high points and low points (or should I say low point).

Embarkation was great. This was my 11th cruise and New Orleans has the VIP embarkation down. We were on the ship in about 10 minutes.

Ship looked to be in great shape. No problems with room (E118). Room steward was wonderful. She performed above expectations.

1st sea day the ship was rocking. A lot of people were sick and bags were put up in the elevators. Luckily I didn’t have any problem.

We only saw 1 show (Rock n Roll – can’t remember the name). We had seen it before and it was still good. We had only one comedian until the last night. He missed his flight. Both were great. The comedy shows are a good change to the typical shows on board.

Progresso – Did the double decker bus (had newbies with us) and went to the beach for refreshment…..

Cozumel – We did the Cozumel Bar Hop. I can’t say enough about this excursion. Air conditioned bus took us to the other side of the island. No electricity but bars set up along the coast. We stopped at 4 bars, had a free drink and time to explore the area. It is truly beautiful and undeveloped on that side of the island. The owner, Tom, goes above and beyond to satisfy everyone. Because the Elation was leaving Cozumel early (4:00 instead of 5:00) Tom made arrangements for us to be picked up at the last bar and delivered to our pier at 3:20 so we wouldn’t miss the ship. The tour didn’t end until 4:20. Next time we go to Cozumel we will to do this tour again. It was that good. A shout out to our tour guide, Colleen. http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

Food was good. Never a complaint because there are always options.

Now, for my only negative…….Disembarkation. Our VIP note told us to go upstairs to the Romeo and Juliet Lounge (our room was on the Empress Deck). We were there for around 40 or 50 minutes. A lot of people were up there. The call finally came and everyone started for the elevators and stairs back to the deck we were originally on. What a mess. Oh well.

Other than that small blip it was wonderful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We were on the same cruise :).

I did hear that alot of people were sea sick on Monday but it did not bother anyone in my family. I did see all the barf bags by the elevators and our tablemates did say that they had not felt well all day.

I thought that the food in the buffet was better than the MDR but it was still good. We never did meet our room steward but the room was always spotless.

My husband also thought the disembarking was the worst that we have experienced. It was our first Carnival cruise but it will not be our last.

We were on the same cruise :).

I did hear that alot of people were sea sick on Monday but it did not bother anyone in my family. I did see all the barf bags by the elevators and our tablemates did say that they had not felt well all day.

I thought that the food in the buffet was better than the MDR but it was still good. We never did meet our room steward but the room was always spotless.

My husband also thought the disembarking was the worst that we have experienced. It was our first Carnival cruise but it will not be our last.

RC does the best for moving passengers on and off the ship, expecially getting on.

Thanks for the review. We're on Elation for our 1st cruise in July. I'm so excited and am reading everything I can to prepare!!

What is VIP embarkment? I'm assuming you pay extra for this?? Is it worth it?? I'm not at all familiar with it all.

We're thinking of a ruin in Progreso (Uxmal) and have hired a driver to explore the east side of Cozumel's bars. The bar hoping things does look fun and is cheaper, but I'd rather have a personal guide after reading all of the reviews. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I think our friends might be leaning that way!

What is VIP embarkment? I'm assuming you pay extra for this?? Is it worth it?? I'm not at all familiar with it all.

VIP is for Platinum guests (10 Carnival cruises or more) or people who are booked in a suite. You can't actually pay for it just for boarding if you don't meet one of these criteria.

I was on the Elation about a month ago and embarkation and debarkation was a breeze...sorry you had a hard time of it for this cruise.

Archived