Lido Deck Waiter Loyalty

ajagent

I was wondering, we have a group of us that usually sail together and the first day on the ship we usually find a Lido Deck Waiter that we hit it off with. We usually stay loyal to him all week. We will make sure we find him and he takes care of us all week. This usually ends up with us giving him a huge tip at the end of the cruise. Do any of the rest of you do this?

I don’t drink much alcohol, maybe one drink a day, but I do drink a lot of soda and always get a soda card. I also spend a lot of time on the lido deck. So that is exactly what I do. I find a waiter that I like. I understand that there is no tip because of the soda card and give him a nice tip up front, tell him anytime he sees me to just bring me a soda. (I also give more at the end of the cruise) This has always worked for me. I do this so I don’t have to have a pocket full of singles. If I do get a drink from another server, I will just tip them for that drink.

Yes..Most pool waiters give an extra shot of booze if you use the same person all the time. Same goes with the bartenders thru out the boat, they dont forget a face!!!!

Wow I did not know that. We do it so the other waiters are not constantly hounding us. It is funny after a couple of days to watch our waiter run the others off when we are out there!!!

Yes..Most pool waiters give an extra shot of booze if you use the same person all the time. Same goes with the bartenders thru out the boat, they dont forget a face!!!!

bar waiters would not give you an extra shot.Bartenders make all the drinks for the waiters/waitresses.We do find a bartender for the week and they dont forget a face ,especially ones who tip extra like us :)

bar waiters would not give you an extra shot.Bartenders make all the drinks for the waiters/waitresses.We do find a bartender for the week and they dont forget a face ,especially ones who tip extra like us :)

LOL. A friendly face. I had to start a more positive post than the other one. Hopefully we will end up on the same ship at some point!!!

LOL. A friendly face. I had to start a more positive post than the other one. Hopefully we will end up on the same ship at some point!!!

Some battles will go on forever LOL

Please dont start a tipping thread ..lol i will get into trouble again

I was wondering, we have a group of us that usually sail together and the first day on the ship we usually find a Lido Deck Waiter that we hit it off with. We usually stay loyal to him all week. We will make sure we find him and he takes care of us all week. This usually ends up with us giving him a huge tip at the end of the cruise. Do any of the rest of you do this?

Nope not me, never even crossed my mind

No, i didn`t do the Waiter thing on my first cruise.

But made sure to find the HOTTEST waitress there was and stayed with her all week.

Unfortunately, the wife was not as pleased as i was:)

Some daily specials do get the booze added by the waiters,,they put the floaters on top and will come back (sometimes) and give you an extra shot....

was it an extra shot in the drink or an actual shot glass.I have never seen a waiter behind the bar.Maybe you got lucky :)

I always do this too...The pool waiters are also the waiters for the Past Guest Party and the Farewell Party...I tip them at the pool and tip them at the parties and always get any kind of drink I want at either party and usually lots drinks...I have ordered drinks at the Aft pool bar and tipped the bartender $1 for each drink and always get a good drink...Dennis

I always have to laugh at this. I suppose if you tell yourself something long enough, you start to believe it.

I will say that one of our waiters came up to us at the end of a cruise and said we had helped get him top sales of the week. We tipped him 100.00 and he actually started to cry. He said that his sales meant he got his pick of shifts for the upcoming week. GO YOMAN!!!!

No, we use any waiter that is available. They are all good to us.

You should try it. It is great when they get to know your sign and sail number and you don't have to pull out the card everytime!!!

No, i didn`t do the Waiter thing on my first cruise.

But made sure to find the HOTTEST waitress there was and stayed with her all week.

Unfortunately, the wife was not as pleased as i was:)

The right kind of sun glasses come in VERY handy. :-)

Archived