OFF. CC 3rd ANNUAL SUPERBOWL/VALENTINE B2B 2/2 & 2/8 2014 ON THE FREEDOM REDUCED DEP.

Crusingcouple2008,

I see you are doing a private excursion to JVD. Have you been to Virgin Gorda? Which is the best to do? We are planning the Rex Resort in Antigua. I saw you mentioned the cruise line had reduced rates. I checked with our Travel Agent and we did receive a reduced rate. Thank you for letting us know. Truegrit

Wow SuziQ that was the right day to pay it off for sure. Glad you got a good deal in America yesterday ;)

Debbie happy for you too.

We wait til the last deadline to pay ours off. Less on board credit yes, but bigger price reductions hopefully means less due. Also if the OBC is there, I ALWAYS find a way to spend it....;)

But Amy, just think how great that "Seaweed Body Wrap" would feel. Have you been to "Hawksbill Resort" before? We went in 2006 and took taxi to the front gate - had to walk pretty far to get to check-in and back out to gate. Policy could have changed. Nice beach (clothed - we did not venture over to the nude beach).

Still looking at various excursions. Only one booked is through ship to Virgin Gorda. Watched Freedom chug out of Port Everglades last Saturday.

I haven't posted in "forever"....but we booked this one so far ahead I had to just pretend it didn't exist or I would have gone insane.

Decided it was getting close enough that I could come back on the boards and enjoy myself!

To "re-introduce" us...we're Tracey and John from Edmonton, AB.

We're doing both legs of this trip and can't wait to do our first ever back to back!!!:)

I have to say thanks to Suzi...I couldn't find this board...and then I saw where you posted a link on another board and I found you all again!

Can't wait to play LRC....we had a blast playing it on the Hawaii cruise (although we never won) but it's simply not a game we can play here in Canada...too awkward with loonies!!

Can't wait until I have time to read all the posts to see what everyone is planning in ports and where everyone is staying before the cruise!

And I can't wait to get to know you all.:rolleyes:

Well it's been a "Red Letter Day" here....just called and saved over $900.00 on the cruises with the price drop....wooo hoooo!!!! A few more "boat drinks" for me (luckily John doesn't drink...so I have to make up for him;))

Also...we were looking at the RBC Elite Mastercard (hope I don't get in trouble for saying the name:eek:).

As far as I can see it works like this (for our Canadian friends...and sorry if this has already been posted....haven't worked my way through all the posts yet). You apply for the card...it costs $99.00/year...however, for joining you get $250.00 Westjet dollars (each Westjet dollar equals 1 Canadian dollar). You earn extra Westjet dollars on purchases (small amount...1.5% of purchase) however....you also receive one "Companion Pass" per year...where any companion can fly with you for $99.00 (plus taxes, airport fees etc. of course). We're reading the fine print...but nothing bad so far...it would mean we could save $250.00 off one of our flights to Miami and the other person can fly for $99.00 (plus the $99 annual fee so $200.00).

For us this is a pretty big savings...since a lot of the cost of a cruise are the flights, living in Canada. Thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else...or if anyone knows of any "fine print" we missed!

If it works out today will turn into "big savings" for us...hopefully some other people too!!

That's awesome Tracey...gotta Love those extra dod's

We always fly out of either Bellingham or Seattle. Ends up saving us at least half, but usually closer to 2/3 of what the cost would be to fly out of Vancouver:eek: A few months ago we got an Alaska Airlines M/C and it to does the reward program...airmiles plus a $99 companion fare every year. We will be using that to fly to Orlando for this cruise. Staying with fellow cruisers before the sea adventure begins ;) We will have saved close to $ 900 in airfare just by flying out of Seattle, which is only a 3 hour drive from us:)

Can't wait for feb to get here !!!!

So here I am!! My husband RealAlexD and I along with my Mum and Step-Dad will be sailing this back to back! I must say I am more excited than y'all can imagine! My mum will be celebrating her *8th birthday on February 12th. :-) We will be decorating her door!! I can't to meet some new friends!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

So here I am!! My husband RealAlexD and I along with my Mum and Step-Dad will be sailing this back to back! I must say I am more excited than y'all can imagine! My mum will be celebrating her *8th birthday on February 12th. :-) We will be decorating her door!! I can't to meet some new friends!

Welcome Amy to our awesome group :D So glad you are joining us on this amazing cruise...How exciting for your Mom to be celebrating her 88th onboard...we will all sing happy Birthday to her ;)

Hey Dan maybe check the group photo...I am pretty sure she was part of the Lei'd back gang, but may be mistaken !!

Edited by Suziq333

Welcome Amy to our awesome group :D So glad you are joining us on this amazing cruise...How exciting for your Mom to be celebrating her 88th onboard...we will all sing happy Birthday to her ;)

Hey Dan maybe check the group photo...I am pretty sure she was part of the Lei'd back gang, but may be mistaken !!

Bahaha oh she would die!! Mum will only be 58 lol let's pretend 88 though! Then everybody can tell her how GREAT she looks for her age! Lol

God. I didn't even know this was a thing, cruise groups... I'm glad it is though! Cause I can't wait to meet new friends! Though I am shy and keep to my own group generally... Once I get to know you I open up a lot. :)

Bahaha oh she would die!! Mum will only be 58 lol let's pretend 88 though! Then everybody can tell her how GREAT she looks for her age! Lol

God. I didn't even know this was a thing, cruise groups... I'm glad it is though! Cause I can't wait to meet new friends! Though I am shy and keep to my own group generally... Once I get to know you I open up a lot. :)

Amy yeah yeah that's what they all say they are quiet until they meet our group... hmmmm SUZI and Tracey and Danno is our reputation preceding us? No we are not loud wild crazy obnoxious we just have a ton of fun together and a dice game everyday at 4ishh

Feel free to join in any of the activities the more the merrier.

Sorry Amy..I saw in your post the *8 so thought the star was supposeed to be another 8 :o Don't let her know it was me...we will pick some other unsuspecting to blame ;)

You will LOVE this group as leader Amy says we have a TON of fun !!!!

A friend of mine may be joining us on this cruise! She's still deciding so I will update when she decides.

Second question: I'm not having any luck applying my FCC. Carnival said I had to have CruCon do it. Crucon sent me a link to redeem it on line but I can't get it to submit. Advise please.

Thanks.

Shareese aka Vitality08

A friend of mine may be joining us on this cruise! She's still deciding so I will update when she decides.

Second question: I'm not having any luck applying my FCC. Carnival said I had to have CruCon do it. Crucon sent me a link to redeem it on line but I can't get it to submit. Advise please.

Thanks.

Shareese aka Vitality08

Shareese

if this link gets deleted then email me my email is in my signature

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

It will look like it isn't submitting, but give it a couple of days and then you should get an email from CCL that says it comes from Special Programs. That will mean they have confirmed it. Then you must specifically tell CruCon that the balance they show on your confirmation is actually 100 less and tell them to confirm the FCC themselves.

Trust me I JUST did this on Monday with them and have had to do it every time with CruCon

Let me know if you need help.

Remember if you have a friend that books she MUST SPEAK WITH KATHRYN the official booking agent for this cruise.

I JUST DONT THINK I CAN WAIT TIL FEBRUARY !!!!:D

I'll raise my glass, D.O.D. , cheers to being in the teens. It has been a long wait from May of 2012.

Dan The Man what are you raising in that cup some Crown ????

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to all the great people we met on the Hawaii cruise that are going with Amy and Austin again. I think about you guys a lot have a great time.

Christina only way to solve thinking about us is to hop on board with us !!