Cabin Question

OnlyMe

OK, I have a dilema.

I have booked cabin 7654 on Radiance for September 17th sailing and I was quite happy with this until I recently discovered that although the cabin is larger, you cannot look directly down into the water (see attached link - Our cabin is the one 3 balcony's towards the front of the ship from the lady standing on the balcony - if you can make sense of that!).

http://community.webshots.com/photo/142373797/142837850CzRiRS

Now I see that there are some D1 cabins available as follows

1. 8168 Aft (larger balcony than 7654)

2. 7676 Aft (larger balcony than 7654)

3. 9584, 9588 Hump (smaller balcony than 7654)

I have THREE questions:

1. Which is better for Alaska - Hump OR Aft??

2. Is it worth approx $200 to upgrade to any of these cabins?

3. I would have to cancel my booking with my original TA and rebook with a new TA as my original TA says he cannot get these cabins - How easy is this???(ie how easy is it to cancel and get a full refund??)

ALSO, I am not very happy with my original TA. It seems that once he has our deposit he doesn't care and hasn't even bothered to reply to a couple of my e-mails regarding changing our cabin.

I think the only times we looked directly down were when we docked (it's very interesting!), and when there were icebergs in the water. But I don't think it's all that important.

If your TA doesn't charge a cancel fee, find a better one on recommendation from someone who does have a good one, cancel and rebook. A good TA really sets your mind at ease--sounds like you need some setting at ease right now! But if he says he can't get those particular cabins, they're probably sold already.

If you have a new TA in mind they should know how to take over the booking. There is a word for this but I can't remember what it's called. Royal Caribbean actually told me about it. They said if I found a better rate for the same room, same cruise, with someone else, the new TA can easily transfer the reservation over. I think all you need is your reservation number and the new TA should know what they are doing in order to switch it. Unless of course your original TA has you locked in with some sort of fine print. I never used a TA so I don't know how it works with them. I have been happy booking directly with the cruise line.

Thanks for the advice guys. I WOULD change to a different TA BUT the rates have gone up since I booked in February AND there are very few E1's left (all of them being worse cabins than mine).

I am on the lookout for TA's still having offers (eg wine package etc.). I know I found one on Friday but can't seem to find it again (I was using a different computer). I will have to check back on that computer tomorrow. I know RCCL have stopped most of this but I think there are still a few TA's with these offers.

OR I could just upgrade to one of the cabins mentioned in my original post with another TA but it would cost $200 .

Would it be worth the upgrade??

Archived