Blue on Summit

pbo258

They have Blu which is for AQ passangers and Suites for $5 on availability.

Is it free for AQ but $5 for suites?

Looking at a last minute Summit cruise and since the set dinning times are taken maybe AQ is the way to go so we don't have any wait time.

Looking at a last minute Summit cruise and since the set dinning times are taken maybe AQ is the way to go so we don't have any wait time.

Blu is free for Aqua Class guests for both breakfast & lunch.

Blu is free for suite guests for breakfast, but $5 per/person charge for dinner (and suite guests are only admitted on a space-available-basis; generally never a problem at breakfast time, but hit-or-miss at dinner time).

Blu is closed for lunch.

If you're looking at the 27 May cruise, that's a very pricy stateroom - last one open - someone must have recently cancelled or upgraded.

What is Aqua class and what is Blu?

We are going on our first cruise on Celebrity and not familiar with some of the terms.

Thanks

Aqua Class is the highest stateroom category below suites. While the room is no bigger than other balcony staterooms, it comes with extra perks. You receive all the Concierge Class perks plus perks special for Aqua Class geared towards having a spa like experience. Your shower has massaging jet panels, you have free access to the area of the spa with the heated ceramic loungers/steam room/sauna, free bottled water and tea delivered daily to the room, so extra bathroom products etc. Aqua Class guests are also assigned to Blu instead of the main dining room. Most find Blu to be a step up from the main dining room in both food quality and ambiance (it is more like a true restaurant whereas the main dining room is like a banquet hall). While the cuisine at Blu is a tad healthier (there is a focus on less cream and heavy sauces), it is still rather hearty food (i.e. steaks, rack of lamb etc. are on the menu). The food is also a bit more gourmet at Blu.

The first 2 times we sailed on X we were in AQ on the S class ships. We just got off the Summit and also sailed in AQ. It was a big disappointment. The ship was Solticized but is no where close to a S class.

Persian Gardens is a joke. Don't worry about it being crowded because you won't spend much time there anyways. Never more than 4 people in it and that included us when we walked in.

The AQ cabin is not as large and the balcony is smaller so there are no foot stools. The shower has the special shower head and spray but is very narrow and has a elbow banger in the door knob fasteners.

The interactive TV sytem wasn't working.

There is no pillow "menu" but the pillows are there. The robes we had were old and worn. The one that I used had a hole in the sleeve. They don't mention the wellness classes and that is ok because they never existed on the S class.

Had to ask for the special X bag.

The towels seemed to be run of the mill and very worn.

The only perk to being AQ on the Summit is the Blu. Service was great most of the time. Menu was about the same as the real S class but the food was made and presented different. I had pictures of all the entrees and menus from the other cruises. For just being refurbished and adding Blu the dishes weren't Many dishes were mismatched and chipped. Often times my coffee cup would be a different style than the one that my wife had. Sometimes they were chipped. Water glasses would have chips in them. Same entree different style plate.

Don't understand why the muster station for AQ is in the photo gallery where you have to stand.

Our disebarkation area was Micheals Club where refreshments and rolls were to be available and would open at 8. Got there at 8 and it was already STRO. I didn't see any refreshments or rolls. Ended up sitting in the theater.

Unless I really had to dine in Blu or the price was fantastic I wouldn't pay much extra for AQ on the Summit again.

I enjoyed the cruise but after being only being on a S class the Summit was disappointing. I can now understand why others on this board say some of the negative thinks they do about X when comparing them to other cruise lines. My experiences on the S class ships are above the other lines. The Summit (ship only and not the service or crew) is nothing special and kind of blah. For me there is no WOW factor like there is on the S class.

Archived