When do you switch pax in rooms?

agc291

We booked a 6 night for October for my BF & I who have cruised before and another couple who hadn't cruised before. We booked PG rate with my BF in one room and me in another. We obviously are going to switch so each couple has their own room my question is when do we do this? Do we do in when we check in and get our sign & sail cards or do we go to guest services once we are on board?

Just go to Guest Services as soon as you board, and have them rekey cards so that your boyfriend is in your room, and the other couple is in the other room. They do this all the time and don't bat an eye.

Enjoy the cruise!

Just go to Guest Services as soon as you board, and have them rekey cards so that your boyfriend is in your room, and the other couple is in the other room. They do this all the time and don't bat an eye.

Enjoy the cruise!

They would be pretty busy in guest services if it was a ""swingers cruise"" lol

Sometime after you board go to the Guest Services desk and ask for an additional 'room key' for each room, this card (exactly like the S&S card will only open the door). One person for each room will actually have two cards, one for S&S and one for the door only.

Sometime after you board go to the Guest Services desk and ask for an additional 'room key' for each room, this card (exactly like the S&S card will only open the door). One person for each room will actually have two cards, one for S&S and one for the door only.

Thanks for all the replies, but this answer above is not what we are doing. We are just switching rooms- no extra keys. We are driving to port so we will probably get there in the swing of things but if it is not too busy I will ask as we are checking in. If not I will just go to guest services.

Thanks again all!

When you switch people they give the switched people the room keys to their "new" room, so they would have their s&s card AND a new room key to their correct room. We will be doing this in December.

I was under the impression that after the switch everyone just have new cards assigned and would still have/need just one card. Is it true that the switchers will have a separate sign & sail card and room key?

We switched rooms with my dad and his wife last fall on Elation. Went to guest services after boarding, they just rekeyed the cards, not a problem at all and nobody had 2 cards to carry around. I wouldn't worry about the beds being left as twins either. My daughter and her fiance had their own cabin and the beds were shoved together. Enjoy your cruise.

We will have to do this in Nov- 4 cabins with new/veteran cruisers in each. We will have to send 4 people down- not only will they be in the wrong cabins, but on the wrong S&S accounts (my nephew's wife will be rooming with my mom, my sister and brother-in-law are also in different cabins, and my nephew is staying with my dad and I), so we have a lot of shuffling!

On top of that, each cabin will (hopefully) have their OWN accounts for S&S cards, which can be taken care of on-line (I think).

Luckily, we have six months to work out everything!

We do this every cruise with my girls who are 14 and 12. We book 2 books one with me and one child and one room with my husband and the other child. You can't book kids into their own rooms initially as one person needs to be 18 I think.

On board, we go right to guest services, I get a new card to be with my husband and one daughter gets a new card to be with her sister. It's so easy and we do it every year that we get the kids a separate room.

Well I guess this is another one of those things that different people have had it done different ways. I was originally told my my PVP that they would re-key the s&s cards. Then I was assured by cc'ers that they've never seen a card re-keyed and that they issue separate room key cards. So basically it could go either way, I guess.

Archived