Jewel deck 10 forward suite question

russianmom

Looking to book 2 suites with friends.

Can the balcony dividers between 10504 and 10502 or 10004 and 10002 be opened or is it a steel divider that is part of the structure?

Thanks

10502 & 10504 & 10002 & 10004 have a connecting door to the cabins but the bow balconies are separated by a steel bulkhead with no partition.

Hope this helps

Monty

10502 & 10504 & 10002 & 10004 have a connecting door to the cabins but the bow balconies are separated by a steel bulkhead with no partition.

Hope this helps

Monty

Thanks- that's what I suspected :(

• 1 month later...

Hope this helps

Monty

Hi... I saw that u had been in the owner's suite on a previous cruise... Can u tell me from the front balcony if we would have a great view when going through the panama canal.. I want to be able to watch the from the balcony. Any input would be great... It would be great to watch from our room while going through..we are on the Star... This is our first cruise on NCL

Hi... I saw that u had been in the owner's suite on a previous cruise... Can u tell me from the front balcony if we would have a great view when going through the panama canal.. I want to be able to watch the from the balcony. Any input would be great... It would be great to watch from our room while going through..we are on the Star... This is our first cruise on NCL

We just went through the Canal in 10004 on the Jewel. It was the best view ever. It might possibly be better from the crew deck on the bow, but then the captain would have to give permission ( which he did) and you would have to fight all the other passengers who want that view, too. On the other hand, you could duck in and out of your cabin and see almost as well from your own front deck. We have done this cruise twice in the OS; we loved it so much the first time, we did it two years after.

We did the Panama Canal on the Star two years ago and we had the Forward Bow Suite and the view is great. That is the best way to really see the Canal. We got to know a Couple through our Meet and Greet who had a Aft Suite and we went back to their Balcony and you miss all of the happenings that is going on. By being on the front you see the Mules towing the Star and you are right beside huge Container Ships that are also being towed by Mules. You are right in the big middle of all of the action. And you have the comfort of being in your own Cabin. The front cabins are worth the Money for the Panama Canal.:):):)

Looking to book 2 suites with friends.

Can the balcony dividers between 10504 and 10502 or 10004 and 10002 be opened or is it a steel divider that is part of the structure?

Thanks

The divider is low enough that you could see over it...maybe waist high.

We did the Panama Canal on the Star two years ago and we had the Forward Bow Suite and the view is great. That is the best way to really see the Canal. We got to know a Couple through our Meet and Greet who had a Aft Suite and we went back to their Balcony and you miss all of the happenings that is going on. By being on the front you see the Mules towing the Star and you are right beside huge Container Ships that are also being towed by Mules. You are right in the big middle of all of the action. And you have the comfort of being in your own Cabin. The front cabins are worth the Money for the Panama Canal.:):):)

Hi...Oh Thank you so much for the reply. That is exactly what we want. To see the canal without leaving our room...I told hubby the aft might be better but he said the OS looked to be better...I want to be able to see all the action. I think it will be worth the money too so I really appreciate your reply. I didnt want to spend the money and not knowing if the view from the forward suite would be worth...Cant wait now...:)

We just went through the Canal in 10004 on the Jewel. It was the best view ever. It might possibly be better from the crew deck on the bow, but then the captain would have to give permission ( which he did) and you would have to fight all the other passengers who want that view, too. On the other hand, you could duck in and out of your cabin and see almost as well from your own front deck. We have done this cruise twice in the OS; we loved it so much the first time, we did it two years after.

Thanks...we did book the OS for the Panama canal cruise. I thought the aft would be better but I am glad we booked the OS....wanted to be able to enjoy the canal in our room...we have been through the Panama canal but it was so hot we had to go back inside..this time we can enjoy iticon7.gif

Archived