Leaving on Millennium Soon

lrowe70

Couple questions. (I tried to look on the website which seems to be down everytime I go)

1. Anyone know which nights are formal on a 7 night cruise?

We want to reserve a night in the speciality restaurant for our anniversary, but don't want to miss formal night in the main dining room.

2. What is the policy for bringing drinks onboard? Both alcoholic and non?

I know you can have 2 bottles of wine per stateroom, but do they have to be in your carry on or can you pack them in your regular bag.

3. Is there someplace online(or onboard) where we can order something special for our anniversary? A cake, wine, flowers, etc... to be delivered to our room or dining table?

4. Any suggestions for hotels to stay in Vancouver? Also things to do(we'll only be there 1 day)

Thanks

Couple questions. (I tried to look on the website which seems to be down everytime I go)

1. Anyone know which nights are formal on a 7 night cruise?

We want to reserve a night in the speciality restaurant for our anniversary, but don't want to miss formal night in the main dining room.

Formal night is usually the second night of the cruise and the next to last night; there will be two formal nights on your cruise.

2. What is the policy for bringing drinks onboard? Both alcoholic and non?

I know you can have 2 bottles of wine per stateroom, but do they have to be in your carry on or can you pack them in your regular bag.

You may bring two bottles of wine per stateroom. I would carry it on. You may also bring water and soda onboard. We have brought 24 packs of La Croix sparkling water, put a luggage tag on the pack, given it to the porters at the dock and it was delivered to our stateroom with our luggage.

3. Is there someplace online(or onboard) where we can order something special for our anniversary? A cake, wine, flowers, etc... to be delivered to our room or dining table?

Try this link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/landing.do?cS=Footer

4. Any suggestions for hotels to stay in Vancouver? Also things to do(we'll only be there 1 day)

It has been a long time since we stayed there, so I can't recommend a hotel. We enjoyed the Hop on Hop off tram; it went to Stanley Park and other great places to get off and enjoy.

Thanks

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks

I highly recommend the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver. As a bonus it's right by the cruise pier. While there don't miss Granville Island.

Enjoy your cruise!

Unless you have a particular favorite, you can't go wrong by bidding on Priceline for any 4 star hotel in downtown Vancouver.

We have stayed at 4 different hotels that we got that way at different times (Sutton Place, Hyatt Regency, Renaissance Harbourside, Westin Bayshore), were very pleased with all of them and would be happy to stay at any of them again.

We also enjoy the hop-on-hop-off bus. We prefer the open bus to the closed one because you have the great unobstructed views up above as well as all around and it is better for taking photos.

The open and closed buses alternate, so what we like to do is to phone the bus company before we are ready to leave our hotel to find out what time the next open bus is scheduled to be at the bus stop closest to our location.

We will be on the Celebrity Millenium end of June/beginning of July. Is there anywhere that they indicate that it is okay to bring wine on board? Last cruise we were on (two years ago in Caribbean), we were not allowed to bring any wine on board with us. If wine is allowed, we'd love to bring two bottles on board with us. And I love the idea of bringing the bottled water if that is also allowed! How can I find out for sure what is allowable?

We will be on the Celebrity Millenium end of June/beginning of July. Is there anywhere that they indicate that it is okay to bring wine on board? Last cruise we were on (two years ago in Caribbean), we were not allowed to bring any wine on board with us. If wine is allowed, we'd love to bring two bottles on board with us. And I love the idea of bringing the bottled water if that is also allowed! How can I find out for sure what is allowable?

Below excerpts are from the Celebrity website:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or from the onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

• Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor

onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests

wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them

at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to

two (2) standard size (750ml or smaller) bottles

per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard

restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be

subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. If a guest receives

a bottle of wine (in their stateroom) from a family

member or friend, and that bottle(s) was purchased

from our Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage

fee will apply if they wish to consume the bottle in

the dining room or any public area. If a guest receives

a bottle from an outside vendor and/or Travel

Agent, and the bottle was not purchased through

our Bon Voyage selection,then a $25.00 corkage fee

per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine

in the dining room or any other public area. The fee

will be applied to the guest’s onboard account.

I don't think the Celebrity literature specifically addresses bringing water/soda etc (though someone may correct me on that)...so you might have to rely on the personal experience of MANY folks on here who have done it repeatedly...or should you need further clarification...call Celebrity directly (tho you might get several different answers to your question from them !!)

Hope this helps.

Here you go... see paragraph 3 in this link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=1995&faqSubjectId=59

Here is what paragraph 3 says...

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or from the onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Have a great cruise.

....Leaving on Millennium Soon.....

You've gotten some good, accurate, answers to your questions. Now, I have a special request.... Would you mind taking & posting photos of the main dining room, upper level deck 5, looking down the "rail" on both port & starboard side? We are primarily interested in the 2-tops, or tables for 2 on the rail. Also, if you don't mind, please ask someone on the dining room which of the tables are for "select" dining and which are for "traditional" dining. Will appreciate anything you can enlighten me with here. Also, should you want it, my email address is LynnObie at mail dot com.... written out to try to avoid spammers. :D

You've gotten some good, accurate, answers to your questions. Now, I have a special request.... Would you mind taking & posting photos of the main dining room, upper level deck 5, looking down the "rail" on both port & starboard side? We are primarily interested in the 2-tops, or tables for 2 on the rail. Also, if you don't mind, please ask someone on the dining room which of the tables are for "select" dining and which are for "traditional" dining. Will appreciate anything you can enlighten me with here. Also, should you want it, my email address is LynnObie at mail dot com.... written out to try to avoid spammers. :D

I will try, I usually take hundreds of photos of ships so would probably end up taking this photo anyway.

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses, I really appreciate it. We found a hotel that I guess is directly over the pier(can't remember the name at the moment). We're also looking into the Hop on Hop off as it sounds like a good way to see what we want in a short period of time.

Hi Lynn,

Blu will take up the starboard side of the Deck 5 portion of the MDR, so the two tops along the rail (yes they are still there) will be on the port side only (for main dining) on that deck.

Deck 4 starboard is where Select Dining is - not the entire side, but a portion of it, starting at the entrance to the MDR.

Had a table at the railing on Deck 5 on my last cruise and we had a great view of all the "action" below! :D

Hi Lynn,

Blu will take up the starboard side of the Deck 5 portion of the MDR, so the two tops along the rail (yes they are still there) will be on the port side only (for main dining) on that deck.

Deck 4 starboard is where Select Dining is - not the entire side, but a portion of it, starting at the entrance to the MDR.

Had a table at the railing on Deck 5 on my last cruise and we had a great view of all the "action" below! :D

Just a clarification......So Select Dining has been moved to Deck 4 since Blu was added?

I ask because before Blu, Select Dining was always on Deck 5 - starboard and I liked being on the upper level of the MDR. I am not sure what I will think of having Select and being on Deck 4.

That's a big change!

Just a clarification......So Select Dining has been moved to Deck 4 since Blu was added?

I ask because before Blu, Select Dining was always on Deck 5 - starboard and I liked being on the upper level of the MDR. I am not sure what I will think of having Select and being on Deck 4.

That's a big change!

All I can say is that Blu is on Deck 5 - starboard. Perhaps they have left some room for Select Dining as well. Someone who has been on Infinity or Summit should know for sure, as well as those who are currently on Millennium.

Hi Lynn,

Blu will take up the starboard side of the Deck 5 portion of the MDR, so the two tops along the rail (yes they are still there) will be on the port side only (for main dining) on that deck......

Hi Beth, Thanks for your info. Glad that your recent Millie cruise just before it went in to be Solsticized was great! Wondering if the above Blu & MDR info came from staff on that cruise? I had been led to believe the deck 5 dining room would be remodeled pretty much the same as on Infinity with Blu taking up about half of the port side. The =X= deck plan for Infinity and Millie now show up as being the same (click here for a related thread with PDF I posted). Since hearing several variations of what deck 5 on Millie will now look like, thought I'd ask OP Irowe70 for some pictures of the "real thing".:confused: Also, if all tables for 2 on the rail are in either select or traditional, I definitely want to know that in time to choose the one where we have a chance at one of our favorite tables! :D Hope all's well with you, Beth!:)

I will try, I usually take hundreds of photos of ships so would probably end up taking this photo anyway.....

Thanks, Irowe70.... Will appreciate your info! Hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

Archived