Dream questions

Few questions . . . . Thanks in advance.

1. Need bug spray for eastern Carribean in summer?

2. To avoid ATM fees, can you charge cash to your S&S card without fees?

3. What kind of coffee creamer on board ..... Liquid, powder, coffee mate?

Few questions . . . . Thanks in advance.

1. Need bug spray for eastern Carribean in summer?

2. To avoid ATM fees, can you charge cash to your S&S card without fees?

3. What kind of coffee creamer on board ..... Liquid, powder, coffee mate?

I can only answer your third question...liquid. Sorry about the other two.

I will take question number two. I use a slot machine as my ATM on the ship. You can set up your account in any of the slot machines so you can download money to gamble right from your S&S account. I do that, but I also use it to get cash. So you sit down at the machine and download say $100 from your S&S account to the machine and then you immediately cash out. The money then goes onto your S&S card. Just take the card up to the cashier and they will give you the cash that's on your card (the $100). The best thing about this is that it just looks like a normal transaction to your credit card company and not a cash withdrawal so there are no cash advance fees from your credit card. I believe people have talked about a limit to doing this. However, I never experienced a limit. :)

(1) I haven't experienced bugs on the ship, but you might need it at the ports. The only time I've used it was when we toured Mayan ruins, but it was very much needed!

(2) The previous poster is correct. The ONLY way to get money onboard without incurring a fee is to "pretend" you are gambling and then cash out.

(3) The ships have milk or half and half. They have Sweet n Low or Nutra Sweet, but not Splenda. I only use liquid flavored creamers at home. I brought flavored powder onto my first cruise, knowing they wouldn't have flavors on the ship. It was kind of a pain, so on my next cruise I found a different solution. I put a little soft serve vanilla ice cream into my cup with the coffee. It tasted like I used liquid vanilla creamer.

Archived