Restaurant Dining

Wouldn't one way to opt out of the large dining room crush be to have dinner in the restaurant each night? will they [thomsons ] let you do that? how muc would a week of that cost - about £300? bit extravagant eh?;)

If you mean the alternative restaurant that costs extra then there should be no reason you couldn't do this but you'd have to book all the nights at the start of the cruise. It is quite rare but not unheard of on other lines.

Eddie

We always get down around 6.30pm and always have a nice quiet dinner. It's a bit of a rush sometimes but when we see the long queues waiting for tables later we think it's worth it.:):)

Jan

There normally is not a crush. i think the Majesty crowds were down to the passengers being used to fixed dining and when they all turned up at the same time they could not understand that it takes at least one and a half hours to eat!

Wouldn't one way to opt out of the large dining room crush be to have dinner in the restaurant each night? will they [thomsons ] let you do that? how muc would a week of that cost - about £300? bit extravagant eh?;)

....err. Keith with respect I think you should Join that TV doc/come dine with me ?:rolleyes:

Stveie

We always get down around 6.30pm and always have a nice quiet dinner. It's a bit of a rush sometimes but when we see the long queues waiting for tables later we think it's worth it.:):)

Jan

we are the same as you,go between 6-30 and 6-45pm and never had to wait in a queue yet out of 4 cruises with thomson,rush time is about 7-30 pm till about 8-30 pm.

We usually find that 8.30pm is a good time to go.

I'm afraid we live in a different world to others :D When we go out in the evening, other people are going home :D:D We always do afternoon trips as we hate getting up early on holiday;)

Is your sleeping pattern different on ship? mine isn't I usually wake , as I do at home, around 06:00 am,holidays are no different....my missus though could sleep on the edge of an Echo

Is your sleeping pattern different on ship? mine isn't I usually wake , as I do at home, around 06:00 am,holidays are no different....my missus though could sleep on the edge of an Echo
I don't think I have a sleeping pattern as such. I just work round what I have to do. If I have to be somewhere early I get up early and if I don't, I have a lie-in:D

As regards cruises, we have decided that whole day trips are a thing of the past, so we usually have breakfast about 9am, then either get off the ship, have a mooch round the port, then back to the ship for lunch and find a nice quiet spot to read or we relax in the morning and go on a trip in the afternoon:)

RR does it when he cruises , think if you book so many nights you get 1 free :)

Mrs. C

How much is it to to dine in the Grill and how far in advance do you need to book a table ?

I finally found the info you want by ploughing through my newsletters. They had a special offer one night for £16 but the usual price is £20pp. Reservations at Reception. I have to say though from the reviews that most people thought the food in the Orion Restaurant was better and although we didn't eat in the grill the Orion food was very good and a world away from the Lido where we ate a couple of times and found the food tepid at best. In the daytime we ate at Sirens on deck 11 which turns into The Grill at night.:):)

Jan

I finally found the info you want by ploughing through my newsletters. They had a special offer one night for £16 but the usual price is £20pp. Reservations at Reception. I have to say though from the reviews that most people thought the food in the Orion Restaurant was better and although we didn't eat in the grill the Orion food was very good and a world away from the Lido where we ate a couple of times and found the food tepid at best. In the daytime we ate at Sirens on deck 11 which turns into The Grill at night.:):)

Jan

We're sailing in June. and looking foward to the food ... Thanks for the info ekco. 20 quid each isnt bad for a bit of extra TLC one or two nights. Dinner in Orion or Grill it will be me thinks .

We're sailing in June. and looking foward to the food ... Thanks for the info ekco. 20 quid each isnt bad for a bit of extra TLC one or two nights. Dinner in Orion or Grill it will be me thinks .

Be sure and let us know what you think of the grill and what the menu is like.:):)

Jan

Archived