Family excursion?

My family of 4 is traveling the Eastern Itinerary on Allure on May 27th. Can anyone recommend an excursion on St Thomas or St Martin? My kids are age 8 & 12. We don' want to snorkel. Is there swimming with turtles or stingrays?

My kids are 10 and 8 this is their 4th cruise and 3rd eastern Caribbean but never on Allure. It totally depends on what you like to do. Check out Trip advisor for each port.

For us it’s the beach so we just grab a taxi and head out to Megan Bay on St Thomas or Orient Beach on St Maarten.

Now Orient beach is ½ all nude and ½ French. If you are modest then I would go to another beach. My mom was Swedish and we have a more European home than American. The nudity does not phase my kids at all. Its not super models walking around topless…doesn’t my DH wish J

We have done the Godfrey tour of St Thomas it was nice for something to do but we are beach people plain and simple. We do some shopping by the port but nothing big. I would rather go on another vacation than buy a necklace but that’s me.

FYI you don’t want to swim with turtles they hurt like hell when they run into you. Ran into one in Hawaii and have the scar to prove it on my shin.

WOW! Thanks for the info!~ Never even considered the turtles hurting when they run into you. I think we are just probably going to end up beaching it, too. But will check out trip advisor just in case

When we were in St. Maarten in December we took a 5 hour tour with Bernards. Great mix - took us to both sides of the island, a little shopping, stops @ Orient and Maho beach and a visit to an iguana farm where we got to feed them:) Driver also made stops along the way at scenic vistas so we could get lots of great pics:D

When we were in St. Maarten in December we took a 5 hour tour with Bernards. Great mix - took us to both sides of the island, a little shopping, stops @ Orient and Maho beach and a visit to an iguana farm where we got to feed them:) Driver also made stops along the way at scenic vistas so we could get lots of great pics:D

We also toured with Bernards with our children two years ago, and we had a great time. This past year we went on a catamarn and everyone really enjoyed that day too. They did offer snorkeling, but you could just hang out on the beach while others are snorkeling. The kids really liked the catamaran ride and the swimming/snorkeling/beach time.

I know its just me but I don't get the draw of Maho beach. I live very close to a Air Force base and its not uncommon to have HUGE aircraft look like they are landing in my backyard. Sometimes Helicopters do land or hover....shakes the whole freaking house.

Air Force 1 or 2 used to fly so low over my house I could clearly see the presidential seal on the door.

When I am on the beach I don't want to hear jet noise, thats the sound of home.

We will probably take that tour a 2nd time next year, but for some Orient beach may not be considered Family.

We did Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten with a stop at Orient beach. It was a nice day. We saw a bit of the island and had beach time. Our son (5) didn't seem phased by the few topless women we saw. He was too busy having fun. It's not a big deal to us so it wasnt to him.

In St. Thomas we did a tour with Papa Bear (Air Force 1 Fun). Nice overall island tour with time at Sapphire Beach. We had a good time but wished we had longer at the beach.

Hope this helps

Archived