Allure Stateroom Question

On the Allure we stayed in 6676 D8, balcony. It was perfect. Beautiful views of the ocean ...perfect location. Only a few steps to elevators, but around the corner, so no noise.

You are around the corner to the Boardwalk where the donut and coffee shop is. (so if you should wake up at 6...you can just sneak out and take your coffee and sit on your balcony).

The bed is by the balcony doors, not the closet which is a big plus also.

We loved this room as it was centrally located to everything.:o:o:o

Are the lifeboats on deck 6? We're booked on Deck 8 for a B2B but there are also quite a few cabins on 6 that were open for the 2 weeks but it seemed like the lifeboats were right there so I stayed away from 6. Can you tell me if the lifeboats are in your view?

Are the lifeboats on deck 6? We're booked on Deck 8 for a B2B but there are also quite a few cabins on 6 that were open for the 2 weeks but it seemed like the lifeboats were right there so I stayed away from 6. Can you tell me if the lifeboats are in your view?

Yes...they are BELOW deck six. You can not see them unless you hang your head over the side and look straight down. They absolutely are not anywhere near your balcony. We LOVED deck six. :):):)

Yes...they are BELOW deck six. You can not see them unless you hang your head over the side and look straight down. They absolutely are not anywhere near your balcony. We LOVED deck six. :):):)

Oh, okay, thanks.

Looked at that site. Thanks for that input. Seems as though it should be a grat stateroom with the possibility of noise in the early evening. :) Which to me will be tolerable. Thanks again for that site.

I don't really think there is a bad stateroom. Here would be my thoughts though. Allure is a large ship. Being somewhat closer to an elevator could save a decent amount of walking. Port or Starboard would be more a preference of whether you want port views while in port or look out to the water. Allure "usually" docks starboard side towards the pier. Meaning "usually" starboard will offer views in towards the port. Other than that there would be no difference on what side you pick.

One thing to consider, deck 7 at the port elevators does not connect through from port to starboard side. There is a sign from the boardwalk that occupies the area where the hallway usually is. It is very deceptive in the deck plans as you can not tell this. If you pick a room aft on 7 you will have to be aware of which bank of elevators you are using to get to your floor. You could end up in the Port side elevators but have a Starboard side room and not be able to get through without going up or down a level and across then back. For that fact alone I would book higher on deck 8. I actually have three rooms deck 8 starboard aft on the Oasis for a cruise in June of 2013. Happy sailings!!!

English please. I'm on the front of deck 7. Which is port and which is Aft

English please. I'm on the front of deck 7. Which is port and which is Aft

aft is rear of the ship(also known as stern), bow is front (forward as most people call it). port side is left side when facing forward, starboard is right when facing forward.

So, we have done it, we have booked back to back cruises on Allure for December 2013 :D:D:D

We opted for Deck 7 in the end, Stateroom 7690 if anybody has any more information or even photos of that particular cabin. We had visited the TA looking for staterooms on Deck 8, but all of our preferred options had already gone, so if you are looking for a specific room, I guess the advice would be book it as soon as you possibly can.

However, thanks to all the advice I received on this thread, we knew we would be fine on Deck 7 also.

With the cruise now booked, I am sure I will be popping back on here reading about all things Allure, and no doubt postibg occassional questions about the various ports of call.

I know it is still well over 500 days away, but the countdown starts now............

So, we have done it, we have booked back to back cruises on Allure for December 2013 :D:D:D

We opted for Deck 7 in the end, Stateroom 7690 if anybody has any more information or even photos of that particular cabin. We had visited the TA looking for staterooms on Deck 8, but all of our preferred options had already gone, so if you are looking for a specific room, I guess the advice would be book it as soon as you possibly can.

However, thanks to all the advice I received on this thread, we knew we would be fine on Deck 7 also.

With the cruise now booked, I am sure I will be popping back on here reading about all things Allure, and no doubt postibg occassional questions about the various ports of call.

I know it is still well over 500 days away, but the countdown starts now............

Congrats on making your decision. I think you picked a great location. 500 days? Planning and research is half the fun:eek:

Here is a website to give you further info on your cabin.

http://deckplangenius.com/cabin.aspx?stateroom=69904

Archived