Change of time... UGGHH

So, from the very beginning of this whole process I was told the wedding party and guest had to arrive at the pier at 10:30. Now, less than 5 days to go, I get a email from TWE telling me we all had to arrive at 9:30. How do I tell all of my guest this after we have already sent out invitations with 10:30 and have already talked to everyone. This is ridiculous. Most of my guest live about an hour away from port so they are driving in that morning. But, they have to take a ferry to get there. That means most of them are already leaving well ahead of time (6am) to arrive on time. How in the world am I suppose to tell them they need to leave another hour earlier? This is crazy. If I had know this most of them would have probably stayed in a hotel the night before. I can't believe Carnival would allow TWE to do things like this!!!

Don't worry. Just call and email and text people with the revised time.

I'm surprised you didn't tell people a little earlier time because with a 10:30 arrive time you risk having people showing up close to 11:00 or later.:rolleyes: In other words if you want them there at 10:30 say 9:30 arrival time.

That might be what TWE is doing to avoid people showing up late and holding the entire process up. Either way, make the call now and give people a heads up. :)

I finally after many emails and about 50 calls got in tough with TWE. They said Carnival is just changing this as a favor to wedding couples but it is not required. So we are good.

I did tell everyone 10:15. We only have 44 people coming and they are all close family and friends. It wasn't a big deal calling and telling them they had to be there an hour earlier. I could have done that. I just felt it was inappropriate. We have people leaving their homes at 5 and 6am. I did not want them to have to leave another hour earlier.

So they are doing this as a favor?

Gez, it does make it difficult on wedding guests. The 10 time frame was already pretty early.

However, after having toured the ship, I do understand why they try to do this.

I personally, had planned to have my bridal party and myself arrive at 9 am.

But that's wayyy to early for guests to start arriving.

Archived