latex allergy and adventure ocean?

dimama

We are planning to sail on Radiance and would like to enroll our 3 year old in AO. My concern is he has a latex allergy for which he carries an epi pen; his next reaction could very possibly be life threatening This means he cannot be touched by latex gloves or balloons. I've seen in posts that AO sometimes uses latex balloons, i.e. waterballoon fight at Labadee and during the un-birthday party. I've spoken with RCI and they have said we will need to address this issue on the ship.

Does anyone have experience dealing with a situation like this with AO? Are the counselors accomadating with kids with special issues like this? Would I be best just keeping him out and having in-cabin babysitting? I don't want to keep him out as he participates in group activities like this regularly and I know he would have a great time. Suggestions?

I have 2 children allergic to latex and have never had a problem with the Princess staff keeping balloons away. At the water balloon fight on Princess Cays the staff took them to another area.

When you fill out the registration information be sure to talk to the supervisior of the RCI children's staff and you should be ok.

cjh, thanks for your response. Do you carry an epi-pen? Did you leave it with the staff or keep it with you? We seriously considered Princess when booking this cruise; hopefully RCI is as accomadating as Princess was for you.

Happy cruising, Diana

Archived