Vacating a cabin

Is your hotel booked as part of a Thomson package or are you doing your own thing?

If part of a package the transfer will take place at the appropriate time but if you are a independant traveller you can leave the ship early morning? If so you might have to negotiate a extended stay, e.g not get off at 9am but 1 pm

I assume the "appropriate time" is shortly before one is able to book in at the package hotel?

Not so sure, GG, the Hotel , we are at, want guests to sign in after 14:00, and as nowhere in Corfu is more than 1/2 hour away from Corfu Town my guess is it'll be a case [ no pun ] of getting up etc, breakfasting and mooching around the ship until around 13:00 [ time for a sandwich before moving on]anyway, no doubt, all will be revealed eh ;)

Ha, ha!! 1/2 hour? Last summer Thomsons took us by the scenic route from the airport:eek: It was a free excursion, including hair-raising coach reversing into narrow roads to get guests as close to their hotels/apartments as possible! We arrived 2 hours later in Stefanos. I am hoping that we will not be picked up by one of the coaches from the airport (Thomson cost cutting) but if we are then I will accept that as it is quite expensive to pay for a taxi.

Ha, ha!! 1/2 hour? Last summer Thomsons took us by the scenic route from the airport:eek: It was a free excursion, including hair-raising coach reversing into narrow roads to get guests as close to their hotels/apartments as possible! We arrived 2 hours later in Stefanos. I am hoping that we will not be picked up by one of the coaches from the airport (Thomson cost cutting) but if we are then I will accept that as it is quite expensive to pay for a taxi.

here's what Thomson say about Platinum transfers

"Priority coach transfers

Book the transfer to your hotel from the airport with Thomson Platinum and relax in the knowledge that everything has been taken care of. You’ll get priority drop off from the airport, so you’ll get to your hotel faster and far more relaxed."

AND....

Adults only – Couples hotels are reserved entirely for adults.

Contemporary Style - Modern hotels with up-to-the minute interiors.

Relaxed Atmosphere – Taking it easy is what it’s all about at these hotels. This could mean wellbeing classes by day and, in the evenings, live acoustic music.

Great Settings - All properties are in fantastic locations, with most just footsteps from the beach.

"Premier Collection Benefits

Top Properties - Premier Collection hotels are either 4 or 5T, and have to score ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ with 90% or more of customers.

More Luggage - Check in 20kg and carry up to 7kg of hand luggage.

Priority Transfers - You'll always be the first or second drop-off.

Day-before Check-in - Jump the queue with UK day-before check-in where available.

We aren't going as far as San Stef NW

Hi Keith

Didn't realise your hotel was platinum so yes you will be dropped off 1st or 2nd.

Our last 7 holidays (husband and myself) have been to platinum hotels, all RIU, but they have still packed us on to a coach and we have also had to sit and wait at the airport for another plane (which was late) to come in. They don't tell you that. :eek: I would think, however, that unless there are more people staying in Ermones, they will take you there in a taxi or minibus.

By the way your hotel looks lovely and fantastic views.:). You should be able to relax there in comfort after an energetic cruise.

here's what Thomson say about Platinum transfers

"Priority coach transfers

Book the transfer to your hotel from the airport with Thomson Platinum and relax in the knowledge that everything has been taken care of. You’ll get priority drop off from the airport, so you’ll get to your hotel faster and far more relaxed."

AND....

Adults only – Couples hotels are reserved entirely for adults.

Contemporary Style - Modern hotels with up-to-the minute interiors.

Relaxed Atmosphere – Taking it easy is what it’s all about at these hotels. This could mean wellbeing classes by day and, in the evenings, live acoustic music.

Great Settings - All properties are in fantastic locations, with most just footsteps from the beach.

"Premier Collection Benefits

Top Properties - Premier Collection hotels are either 4 or 5T, and have to score ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ with 90% or more of customers.

More Luggage - Check in 20kg and carry up to 7kg of hand luggage.

Priority Transfers - You'll always be the first or second drop-off.

Day-before Check-in - Jump the queue with UK day-before check-in where available.

We aren't going as far as San Stef NW

In Majorca last year our coach drove past our hotel to the end of the resort and dropped off the platinum people first. Half an hour later we were dropped off :D and the reverse on the way back to the airport.

Did stay in a platinum hotel in Tenerife after a cruise and stay on the Topaz and it was a fantastic hotel with a touch of luxury, excellent accomodation and food and check in at the Hotel, so straight past the queues at the airport to passport control on our return to the UK. I am sure you will be in an excellent hotel. Enjoy.

With your luggage tags that you get that are colour coded, you also get sticky 'tamper' tags to put over the opening of your case, so you can see if anyone has tampered with it.

Sue

It took me half an hour with a Brillo pad to get the adhesive off the padlocks.:eek::eek: I'm not putting them on again, I've got nothing worth stealing anyway, lol. My diamonds and pearls are all in my hand luggage.;) That is a joke by the way.:D

Jan

Hi Keith

Didn't realise your hotel was platinum so yes you will be dropped off 1st or 2nd.

Our last 7 holidays (husband and myself) have been to platinum hotels, all RIU, but they have still packed us on to a coach and we have also had to sit and wait at the airport for another plane (which was late) to come in. They don't tell you that. :eek: I would think, however, that unless there are more people staying in Ermones, they will take you there in a taxi or minibus.

By the way your hotel looks lovely and fantastic views.:). You should be able to relax there in comfort after an energetic cruise.

Thats the plan :):)

Archived