Late embarkation and responsive Azamara!

cpgrneyes

Our South American itinerary has us boarding in Buenos Aires on Thursday, but the ship doesn't sail until 6:00 Friday night. We'll be flying in from Iguazu on Thursday, and I had a question about what the procedure would be if we were delayed and could not embark at the customary 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm window.

Searching these boards, I couldn't find a definitive answer, so I called Azamara. I was told that, if I was late, I would need to call the ship ASAP and given a phone number. That didn't really answer my question, so I sent an email to LeClubVoyage yesterday. I awoke to the following email from Azamara:

Thank you for your inquiry. It is perfectly fine to arrive at any time on January 31st after check-in time starting at 1pm. The ship will be open and available for you to check-in at any hour until 2 hours before it departs on February 1st.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

I couldn't have asked for a more definitive or quicker response, not to mention it's what I wanted to hear. With all the negative experiences posters have had with shoreside AZ, I felt it time to post a positive!

Thanks for the positive posting. It's a known fact that people are much more likely to share negative thoughts, than positive. It's good to see that Azamara is so responsive and even better to see you take the time to share.

Archived