How to Plan a B2B????

w4kry

First, decide where you want to go or on what ship. We picked a ship that had an eastern and western route. Then, when you know what ship, I would call Carnival and get a Personal Vacation Planner. She can help you find a room that will be available for both cruises. It is much nicer if you don't have to move half way in between. She will also make a note that you are doing a back to back, so that they will know that on the ship and give you the information about the turn around day.

We spent 14 days on the Liberty in Jan. and loved it. Was a little worried that it might get too be too long of time, but we were not ready to get off. The other nice thing is you can relax more and not feel like you have to do everything the first week. If we missed a show on the first leg, we caught it on the second leg. We also found what days we did not care for the food in the MDR on the first leg, so we skipped those nights on the second one and enjoyed room service on our balcony.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Claudia

Ditto all that Claudia said - we did b2b on Freedom - Western Carib one leg and Eastern Carib the other leg. First leg had OV - second leg had inside cabin different decks and saved us money. Nice to have same cabin but no big deal to us - took 10 mins to pack up as you are not sellecting clothes etc. Left bags in cabin with $10 bill in handle and everything was transferred for us - including beer on ice. There was a nice bottle of champagne and fruit basket left for us in our new cabin. Took advantage of the $15 bag of laundry near the end of our first leg - stuffed in 2 summer long pants, 3 shorts, 8 Ts, 3 polos, 3 dress shirts, 2 blouses - the trip is to roll tight. We had ATD and found a wait staff we loved and had them every evening for both legs. Only booked 1 excursion each leg - just got off at ports and wondered around - exploring - took buses and trams etc. Will only do b2bs as airfares kills us from Northern Ontario. Also used a PVP who was awesome in setting things up. You have to get off the ship and go through customs at the end of your first cruise but very easy and quick. Oh, and by your duty free booze the last day of your first cruise and you generally can take back to your cabin and good for second leg

Thanks for the replys. Now that I have my DH interest peaked in a B2B. I need to get all my ducks in a row to book it. I am currently looking at a 4day/5day combo. Looks like the Victory has the best option. Not sure if we can afford B2B 7 days. I would love that though.

Thanks for the replys. Now that I have my DH interest peaked in a B2B. I need to get all my ducks in a row to book it. I am currently looking at a 4day/5day combo. Looks like the Victory has the best option. Not sure if we can afford B2B 7 days. I would love that though.

We are doing our first B2B as a 4day/5day on Destiny in Jan. 2013.

Booked my first B2B recently.

I always know exactly what I want when I call my PVP. I'd done the fake booking so knew I could get the same cabin.

I'm on a 5/4 on Ecstasy. Don't particularly desire to go to Freeport and Nassau twice in 9 days, but I wanted a longer cruise and my friends/family can't take off that much time. I'm solo on Leg 1, which includes HMC, then they're joining me for Leg 2, so it's all good.

Mildly annoyed that I only get a $50 OBC for my FCC even though, technically, I'm on a 9-day cruise. You have to book as two separate sailings.

Other lines (HAL at least) often combine two sailings and offer the combination as a single cruise. So you could book an East/West sailing as one cruise.

For our Glory b2b next month, we picked the cruise we wanted, checked to see if our room was available for both and then called our PVP to take care of the booking and planning and to ask last minute questions. We are staying in the same room for both legs and looking forward to not having to pack on night 3, like everyone else.

Archived