Favorite Norwegian Cruise Line Entertainers

xenagurl

Here's the list of acts on NCL that I will NEVER forget...

Fred Klett .. do my ears cup the light?

Elvy Rose ... I ate a one ton tomato...

Jane L Powell ... Chocolate goddess of love!

Romano Frediani ... a show 400 years in the making.

Sam Greisbaum ... Get in shape? Round is a shape...

Bud Anderson ... tell the kids at school Pamela Anderson is your Mom...

and for CD's

Kieron Buffery - best CD ... ever

Simon Murray - Totally Awesome

AJ Lewis - Laugh, Love and Live

plus Paul Baya, Ricky Matthews, Julie Valeriote, Linda Minikin and a whole lot more who made my families time the best times EVER...

I also loved the little girl on the Norwegian Star who once in awhile came out on the Stardust stage and sang "I'm a little tea pot"... her name was Hannah Farquhar.

Cheers,

Hannah's Dad

Shawn, we talk about you all the time! So nice to see you posting here.

(1) You, Shawn Farquahar (and Hannah :D)! Your magic act onboard the Star (we saw you twice) was our favorite cruise act ever!!! We have your CD and watch it, plus, I watch you on You Tube, too (for anyone wanting to Shawn, Google "Farquahar Shape of My Heart";

(2) Duo Elegia (Rinat and Elena) -- the husband and wife acrobatic team that performed their own show and starred in Cirque Bijou on the Jewel (they are on the Jewel right now -- we got off yesterday); BTW, the current Cirque show is absolutely fantastic!!!! We had seen it before, but we sure are glad we didn't miss this one -- the singers and dancers are wonderful, and the acrobatic acts simply great -- much better than the first time we saw it;

(3) Fire and Ice (Rosie and Mac) -- Rosie looks, sounds and dances just like Tina Turner. We saw her the first night, in the Atrium on the Jewel, and there weren't many people there. Each night the audience grew. On the last night the Atrium was FULL of people, and there were people standing on Deck 8 overlooking the Atrium;

(4) Jane L. Powell -- we were so hoping she'd be on the Jewel again.

Favorite CD is the inimitable Kieron Buffery. I was so sad to see him leave NCL. He was the best! Second favorite is John Ibrahim, a very close second to Kieron.

The best ihave seen and heard was Luis Garimaldi on the Epic NCl you have a true talent on the ships he is Wonderful and if we could book him we would.

he is a guitarist but extraordinary if you go to Epic next summer find him you will not be disappointed promise:)

DAVE HEENAN, DAVE HEENAN AND DAVE HEENAN! HE IS THE BEST EVER!

MATT BAKER cruise director.

I also enjoyed Brenda Kaye and another guy ( i totally forgot his name)...he did presentations on "how to remember things" :o seriously!!!!

Can't agree more about Dave Heenan!!

No particular order:

Drew DeFour saw him on the EPIC, we made almost every show even closed the place a couple nights. Very good musician he and his wife.

Leo on the GEM, same thing, we didn't miss his shows.

Sinan, what I can I say that hasn't been said. You really need to experience him for yourself. He annoyed me when he as ACD on the Dawn but he won me over on the GEM. Soo funny and the star of every show.

Fire and Ice/Rosie & Max, love them can't wait to spend every evening with them in Nov on the Jewel. Rosie even did a very good version of Alicia Keys No One (not an easy song) for our daughter who put in the request and she brought her DD (then age 5) on stage. Rosie has so much energy I don't know how she does it every night.

Oh one other memorable performer is Captain Roger on the GEM. If you are lucky enough he sometimes plays bass guitar and sings Wonderful Tonight at the Latitudes reception. Pics of Leo and Captain Roger are in the reviews in my signature.

Xenagurl why don't you join us for a thanksgiving cruise? Our M&G won't be the same without you.

Thanks for the invite, I know it would be fun, but I'll be on the Jade until Nov 10th and will spend a few days exploring afterward. But perhaps if I can talk hubby into it...:D

That's right bass playing Captain Roger. That was so cool! He was good too.

Shawn I'm going to look you up on YouTube!

Edited by xenagurl

I was able to do an interview with them this past Saturday on the Star.

The video is embedded but here is the direct

link as well in case you have any trouble.

I'll start a thread just for this, but I thought I'd put it here as well.

Sharkbait interview on the Norwegian Star

http://travelxena.com/sharkbait-interview-on-the-norwegian-star/

8045318177_2350bcac14_z.jpg

We very impressed by Kenosis, the party band that is currently on the Gem. They can play anything. Rock and Roll, Blues, Hip-Hop, Ballroom Dance Music, Disco, Country, and everything is spot on. The female lead singer is exceptional. If you close your eyes you would swear she is Whitney Houston reincarnated. She is much better than the singers in the production show. The guitar player is also exceptional, but what stunned me is that he has a right handed guitar with standard right hand setup, and plays it left handed. If you play guitar, you can imagine how difficult it is to play that way. I think the bass player also plays the same way.

• 1 month later...
Shark Bait were fantastic.

Also we saw a comedian on the Sky about 3 years ago, I think his name was Tim Kaminski or something like that!? He was funny.

We saw Tim on the Jewel. He was by far the funniest comedian we have seen on our numerous cruises. You would see him everywhere on the ship. Last I heard he was in Hawaii on the Pride.

The best entertinment NCL has to offer is the Rock band Next Stage currently on the Jewel. The lead singer has a voice that carries throughtout the ship even though she is quite petite. Fire and Ice are also magnificent.

As for Jose and Patti, we were very unimpressed. They sound like every other lounge act - definitely not our cup of tea!

As for Jose and Patti, we were very unimpressed. They sound like every other lounge act - definitely not our cup of tea!

I sort of agree. They are talented, though. I won't deny that. Many lounge singers are. Just not our cup of tea. But boy do they draw a crowd, so they obviously are popular with many. I wouldn't discourage anyone from checking them out, but they aren't for everyone.

And I never understand the Dave Heenan love, but it obviously exists! Me and my husband don't always have the same taste in entertainers, but we both agree that Dave Heenan's comedy was not for us. I think I laughed maybe once.

The best entertinment NCL has to offer is the Rock band Next Stage currently on the Jewel. The lead singer has a voice that carries throughtout the ship even though she is quite petite. Fire and Ice are also magnificent.

Any idea how long they will be on the Jewel? We cruise in late January.

Tim Kaminski gets all of my votes. Saw him on the Pride of America this past January. His show on the first night had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my face! If you get a chance - don't miss his skit with the "hands" and his remake of the Wizard of Oz.

We are going on the Pearl 12/16. Can anyone tell me what entertainers are a must see? Thanks!

Don Alexander on Deck 6 in what is known as Bar City. From Louisiana, plays saxophone with his left hand while playing piano with his right.

Oh What A Night-Frank Valle Tribute in the Stardust Theater.