Uncomfortable w/MSC retaining my passport

surgtek8

Does anyone know if MSC really does retain your passports for the Baltic Cruise? What do we do if we are going off ship, shouldn't we have our passports in hand always? We are doing a private excursion in St. Petersburg and I don't feel comfortable not having my passport with me in any of the ports for that matter. I was on a Costa cruise in 2008 and they said they retained your passport but we got them back that night. Is this just an MSC rule? Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance :p

Does anyone know if MSC really does retain your passports for the Baltic Cruise? What do we do if we are going off ship, shouldn't we have our passports in hand always? We are doing a private excursion in St. Petersburg and I don't feel comfortable not having my passport with me in any of the ports for that matter. I was on a Costa cruise in 2008 and they said they retained your passport but we got them back that night. Is this just an MSC rule? Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance :p

We make copies of our passports and carry the copies with us when going ashore, we leave the originals in the cabin safe. Not sure about the MSC rules but will find out in Oct.

They do retain passports so that immigration can inspect them without having to get every passengerbto presentbthem. There are any ports wherebyou actually need them to gomashore, they'll return them. Most ports you just need your cruise card.

hi msc do not keep passports and u do need passport for st petersburg as u go through passport control. :) enjoy st petersburg it lovely a must see.:) hope u have as good a time as we did.:D

Archived