Chances for Decent Deck when all Cabins have Sold Out

lowroller

Hi everyone... I will be on the Star in June to Bermuda. We booked a GTY inside, lowest category possible room. We just booked this cruise a month ago, and still waiting to hear what room we will actually be in. Yes, I know we may not find out until checkin... But, I recently checked the NCL site and ALL inside rooms are sold out for our date. I was just wondering if anyone knew what my chances were of getting assigned a room that is NOT the lowest level category (Aft, deck 4 or something)... it would be nice to have picked/payed for a GTY when we booked, but then get assigned a nice room! Thanks!

June is prime time for sailing to Bermuda, so your chances of being upgraded are lower than, say, if you'd booked for September or October. That said, though, I've booked lots of GTY cabins, and I've been upgraded at least slightly just about every time. There's just no telling!

The important thing is that you'll have a great cruise no matter where your cabin is. And remember, the lower the deck, the less movement there is, so being on a lower deck, you'd be less apt to get seasick.

• 3 weeks later...
We received our inside GTY room, assigned just last Friday (9 days before sailing) and we were happy to see an inside room on deck 8 forward! Beats an inside on deck 4 IMO...

Then it all worked out for you ! Happy cruising.

Archived