Talkeetna fishing recommendation

Quithan

I have searched the boards and only found 1 post with a reference to Talkeetna Fishing Guides. I was wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for a fishing tour for a 1/2 day trip. We'll be there right at King salmon time and my older teenage boys REALLY want to fish. I have also found info on Phantom Salmon Charters but I'm looking for a recommendation from someone who has been with a tour they liked.

The Talkeetna Chamber of Commerce lists several vendors. Try doing a SEARCH in cruise critic and also on the Alaska forum of Tripadvisor for each vendor. Good luck.

(fishbone has a nice calendar to show what's running and when".

http://www.talkeetnachamber.org/directory/category/fishing

Thank you, Mapleleaves--I did go to the Talkeetna Chamber page and am getting lots of email from tour vendors--Just wanting to check them out with a personal reference from someone before I book. I will try trip advisor--thanks!!

I have searched the boards and only found 1 post with a reference to Talkeetna Fishing Guides. I was wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for a fishing tour for a 1/2 day trip. We'll be there right at King salmon time and my older teenage boys REALLY want to fish. I have also found info on Phantom Salmon Charters but I'm looking for a recommendation from someone who has been with a tour they liked.

I'm not sure if my post was the one you found but we really enjoyed our time with Talkeetna Fishing Guides. I know there are other private fishing vendors but no one provided transportation and we had no way of getting to them after we took the Princess shuttle into town.

I'm not sure if my post was the one you found but we really enjoyed our time with Talkeetna Fishing Guides. I know there are other private fishing vendors but no one provided transportation and we had no way of getting to them after we took the Princess shuttle into town.

Exactly what I was looking for!! There are lots of vendors but I just wanted to be sure someone had used them and were happy. Thank you!!!!

Archived