Water Taxi- Caye Caulker

kapcruiser

Caye Caulker is VERY small--about 3 miles by

1/2 mile--the whole island is sand. When you dock, there is beach to the right and left. You can walk the whole island in less than 1 hour. It is a wonderfully relaxing place to spend a day. Be sure to rent bikes (just ask when you get there--only one place) and explore. It is fabulously tropical and low key!

I agree- just back from caye caulker. If you take the water taxi- it is about 40 min ride on a very fast boat, but it is like the florida keys- you don't feel like your going way out into the ocean- there are tiny islands everywher and you can see the ocean floor the water is so clear. 9am and 1030 am are the two best times.We rented a golf cart on the island and puttered around and went swimming off the Split. Absolutely beautiful. There is sand all over the entire island, and no concrete roads that I saw. Paradise.

• 8 years later...

Is the water taxi close to the tourist area or does it require a long walk? This will be our first time in Belize and we want to head over to Caye Caulker, but I'm not sure if it would be better to take the water taxi or pay twice as much and use Coral Breeze to get us there and back which would guarantee we would be back in time. What transportation would you recommend for first timers? We will be there from 9-5 (8-4 Belize time).

Is the water taxi close to the tourist area or does it require a long walk? This will be our first time in Belize and we want to head over to Caye Caulker, but I'm not sure if it would be better to take the water taxi or pay twice as much and use Coral Breeze to get us there and back which would guarantee we would be back in time. What transportation would you recommend for first timers? We will be there from 9-5 (8-4 Belize time).

Years ago we took the water taxi to Caye Caulkner and I have to warn you, pay attention to time. The ship will use ship time not Belize time.

Almost missed water taxi back due to confusion (or too many beers).

Needless to say next month, I am using Coral Breeze just to play it safe.

Have fun either way...You will LOVE Caye Caulkner.

Yes the water taxi is very close.

Years ago we took the water taxi to Caye Caulkner and I have to warn you, pay attention to time. The ship will use ship time not Belize time.

Almost missed water taxi back due to confusion (or too many beers).

Needless to say next month, I am using Coral Breeze just to play it safe.

Have fun either way...You will LOVE Caye Caulkner.

\

I second what you are saying as would rather use Coral Breeze to take me to Caye Caulker. Have used this operator multiple times and they get you back to Belize city with 2 hours to spare.

Will be using them in April to take me and family to Caye Caulker, the cost is $39 per person and gives you about 190 minutes to explore.

I just saw that Carnival is re-routing from Belize to Costa Maya right now. I am sailing on the Crown Princess on Feb. 2 - anyone heard whether other lines will also be re-routing? We're hoping to visit friends in Belize, so we really don't want to change itineraries!

I just saw that Carnival is re-routing from Belize to Costa Maya right now. I am sailing on the Crown Princess on Feb. 2 - anyone heard whether other lines will also be re-routing? We're hoping to visit friends in Belize, so we really don't want to change itineraries!

They are only re-routing the Carnival Glory right now. The Carnival Legend cruise that left on Sunday was re-routed, but the rest of the sailings are supposed to go to Belize as planned (except one in December 2013). I haven't read anything about other lines doing it and Carnival says that it's due to port congestion which makes sense because there were 5 ships scheduled to be in port every Wednesday until March before they made the switch. That's a lot of trips for the tenders and a long wait for passengers.

Archived