Traditional cruise air

FLACRUISER99

Is there still traditional cruise air? The reason I asked is that i just booked a B2B Dubai-Singapore-Sydney on the Solstice thru a large Internet TA with air included. The agent said the air itinerary would be released by the cruise line about 21 to 30 days before sailing when the cruise line tickets it. Sounds like traditional cruise air to me. I though everthing was Choise Air now? This is fron the email I recieved.

"Guests booked on standard air/sea reservations or “air promotions” will not be provided their flight itinerary prior to obtaining their cruise documents. However, guests can contact xxxxxx Cruise Outlet between 60-45 days prior to the sailing date for their “preliminary air schedule” (if available). The cruise line typically does not officially ticket the air with the airlines until 30-21 days prior to the sailing date. Until then, any/all air arrangements are subject to change by the cruise line. After ticketing, airlines can, at their sole discretion, alter, change, delay, cancel, or otherwise reroute flights without compensation to the guest. Airlines also have the right and ability to charge passengers extra fees, beyond the actual cost of the ticket, including but not limited to baggage fees, at their discretion."

Cruise companies continue to offer all in one packages that include airfare. They also offer anyone who books a cruise with them to use choice air as their "air" travel agents. Both are offered and have little to do with each other.

We just had this happen w/ an Azamara promotion that includes Air (NOT ChoiceAir credits like a lot of promotions).

TIP: Start checking w/ your TA at the 50 day mark to see if your air has been assigned. Then, call the airline and get your booking number. With the booking number, you can go onto the airlines website and ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE DECENT SEATS, HOPEFULLY, TOGETHER. I say this because, had I not be persistent and gotten Delta to give me my booking number (TA would not provide it to me for some reason), my mom and I would not have been seated TOGETHER, on our 15 hour flights from San Diego to Copenhagen. Couple that, with the dreaded very last row we were both given on the flight, and you see why I am pointing out to double and triple check your seats.

Also, should you wish to upgrade to economy comfort, you should be allowed to do this (if your assigned airline offers this -- most do on the int'l flights). On our Delta flight, economy comfort was $80 from JFK to Copenhagen and $130 (per person) from Amsterdam to Atlanta.

BTW, your itinerary is simply AWESOME!!! I know that you will have a GREAT time! A good friend just returned from sailing with RCCL, RT Dubai, and said that the ports/cities were simply amazing (safe, beautiful, nice people, stunning gold, etc.).:)

I am curious if you upgraded to economy comfort and if so if you felt it was worthwhile? We booked on Delta thru Choice Air and paid the $80 upgrade, so Inam wondering if it was the right choice or if it's basically worthless??

Thx!

Is there still traditional cruise air? The reason I asked is that i just booked a B2B Dubai-Singapore-Sydney on the Solstice thru a large Internet TA with air included. The agent said the air itinerary would be released by the cruise line about 21 to 30 days before sailing when the cruise line tickets it. Sounds like traditional cruise air to me. I though everthing was Choise Air now? This is fron the email I recieved.

"Guests booked on standard air/sea reservations or “air promotions” will not be provided their flight itinerary prior to obtaining their cruise documents. However, guests can contact xxxxxx Cruise Outlet between 60-45 days prior to the sailing date for their “preliminary air schedule” (if available). The cruise line typically does not officially ticket the air with the airlines until 30-21 days prior to the sailing date. Until then, any/all air arrangements are subject to change by the cruise line. After ticketing, airlines can, at their sole discretion, alter, change, delay, cancel, or otherwise reroute flights without compensation to the guest. Airlines also have the right and ability to charge passengers extra fees, beyond the actual cost of the ticket, including but not limited to baggage fees, at their discretion."

Yes, they still offer Cruise Air mystery flights. They often are the best price or promotions offered within final payment. I know with at least Azamara when these promotions are offered no deviations are allowed.

We always pick our own flights. There is lots of info on this on the Cruise Air forum.

I am curious if you upgraded to economy comfort and if so if you felt it was worthwhile? We booked on Delta thru Choice Air and paid the $80 upgrade, so Inam wondering if it was the right choice or if it's basically worthless??

Thx!

Hi Cathy,

Yes...we are paying $80 for Economy Comfort on Delta for JFK to Copenhagen, BUT, are required to pay $130 for Econ. Comfort home, Amsterdam to Atlanta... I asked the Delta rep why the higher price and she could not tell me. I am thinking that maybe we will have in-seat video monitors on the way home; thus, the extra cost? I am not flying until July 5, 2012, so I can't tell you yet, if it will be worth the extra $$ or not. We were able to grab exit rows (tons of leg room!), so my knee jerk reaction is to already say YES, it will definitely be worth it.

If you do a google search on Delta Economy Comfort, you will find several posts from flyers that have fairly strong opinions...

Thanks for the info. We fly home from London on 5/29, so I'll know before you do! We paid $80 from Heathrow to Minneapolis, then I was able to book the exit row at no additional charge from Minn to San Francisco. It'll be interesting to see how that works out!

Please come back here and let us know. I am looking at a cruise that also includes air and have never done that before. It looks like a wonderful cruise (Australia) but it has a very long flight from the states.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Please come back here and let us know. I am looking at a cruise that also includes air and have never done that before. It looks like a wonderful cruise (Australia) but it has a very long flight from the states.

Thanks.

The flight I am booked on to Dubia is Delta 8 Non stop from ATL at 9:05Pm & arrives in Dubai (DXB) 8:10PM with time changes it's a 14 hr. 5 min. flight.

Archived