Laundry on the Pearl

Can we count on the laundry bag special (~$24.95) being offered on our cruise to Alaska in June? Is there a one bag limit or can you have 2 bags? How big are the bags? Thanks.

I think so, yes. It's been offered around Wednesday every cruise we've taken. The bag is maybe 21" long, 15" wide and can be stuffed to about 8" thick. It's a papery like bag, so this is one time duct tape could come in handy if you want to pack it really full; they can tear! I consider it a good deal, and usually take advantage of it. What is nice is that they iron things, too.

On our last cruise they did not iron any items, just washed and folded. I had to send any items that required ironing back out and pay the pressing fee. I do not recall if this has been the norm on previous NCL cruises that we have taken but they have always offered the special.

Dave

On our last cruise they did not iron any items, just washed and folded. I had to send any items that required ironing back out and pay the pressing fee. I do not recall if this has been the norm on previous NCL cruises that we have taken but they have always offered the special.

Dave

Yes, to the best of my knowledge it's always been a wash and fold special. And not special instructions. They often happen mid-way through the cruise or later. Cruises longer than one week may have more than one special.

Yes, to the best of my knowledge it's always been a wash and fold special. And not special instructions. They often happen mid-way through the cruise or later. Cruises longer than one week may have more than one special.

Even though it's wash n fold, our shirts always came back on hangars, looking as if they'd been pressed.

No idea about temp but guessing a normal cycle for everything. Special was offered twice on our 14 night PC Transit in April. Everything back folded in basket, not ironed or on hangers but no surprise since that's what sheet said. Some shirts buttoned, some not. DH sent knit shirts, pants, socks; I sent only very casual capris, jeans. Relatively sure everything done in huge loads. Clothing tagged with a number so they keep track of owner.

Even though it's wash n fold, our shirts always came back on hangars, looking as if they'd been pressed.

My jeans have come back on hangers (sometimes), but not my shirts.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I at least thought my blouse came back ironed. It was one of those no-iron shirts, but I swear, it looked like it had been ironed! I can't get it to look that good!

Archived