Solstice eaastern med cruise

buddymum

We are cruising on the solstice in June. Can anyone who is just off this ship answer a couple of questions.

1. What draft beer /lager is on board?

2. Do they still do the baked alaska parade in the MDR on the last formal night?

3. what films are showing on the TV?

thanks

We are cruising on the solstice in June. Can anyone who is just off this ship answer a couple of questions.

1. What draft beer /lager is on board?

2. Do they still do the baked alaska parade in the MDR on the last formal night?

3. what films are showing on the TV?

thanks

We were on Solstice last fall out of Barcelona and to be honest, I did not see (or notice) any draft beer and I am a beer drinker and would have noticed. There was a pretty good selection of beers though. I mean, you cannot please everyone, especially considering the number of beers there are in the world butthe selection was good enough.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

They did not have baked Alaska at all, let alone a parade on the cruise last fall.

The movies change all the time. There were lots of free ones and quite a few pay per view as well.

We did the celebrity solstice last Nov and I am pretty sure they had baked Alaska on that cruise. They light it with fake candles and did a parade as far as I can remember. We just got back from the infinity from Alaska and we did have baked Alaska but had no parade as our last port was during the dinner hr. So they fed us early so we could see Victoria BC.

Just got off Eclipse. On the last formal night, Baked Alaska was on the dessert menu. The cruise director welcomed everyone from the staircase, introduced the maitres d', some of the chefs, etc, then the waiters marched through and we all waved our napkins. So there was a parade of sorts, and there was Baked Alaska, just not together!

Just got off Eclipse. On the last formal night, Baked Alaska was on the dessert menu. The cruise director welcomed everyone from the staircase, introduced the maitres d', some of the chefs, etc, then the waiters marched through and we all waved our napkins. So there was a parade of sorts, and there was Baked Alaska, just not together!

This is what I was asking about. We sailed on infinity last July and on the last formal night they did exactly as you have discribed. I just wondered if all celeb cruises do this.

Just did the Solstice TA, and yes, they did do the baked alaska parade in the MDR. It was one of the VERY FEW negative points to an otherwise fantastic cruise. The cruise director's nararation and introductions along with the music was so SO UNBELIEVABLY loud and obnoxious that a few people actually left and MANY others resorted to plugging their ears as opposed to waving their napkins. I can appreciate the intention but the execution was just TERRIBLE, not to mention the "fake" baked alaska was mediocre at best. (especially after having just feasted on some REALLY GOOD lobster!)

Archived