Restrooms

cawagner

Grosss but figure worst case scenario, there must be some bananna leaves or palm fronds nearby. Just fold a leaf around the solids, tie off and deposit at the next facility. A bit uncomfortable, but it sure beats a work day. :)

But be careful what you wipe with. My friend wiped in the woods. She used poison ivy leaves:(

That score we got on the cruise on the 19th I was wondering the same thing. In St Thomas we went on the Champagne Catamaran excursion and they had a bathroom down the stairs of the catamaran ...this was a several hour excursion with drinks included..I had heard the bathroom was really bad and somehow I made it the entire time without using it.

Then we did Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten and the bathroom at Orient beach was worse than awful. Most places had a sign up that they had free bathrooms with the rental of a beach chair. We had rented two chairs from Brothers (I think that was the name) all of Bernard's tour group is taken through the little restaurant bar place to get to the beach and a man is standing right there trying to rent you his chairs. You then have to go ask for key to the bathroom ..now here is the joke the bathroom doesn't even lock. They told us someone already had the key but we could go stand in line. There were six people in line to use the one bathroom..the person who was next in line had to hold the door closed. This was an outside bathroom hooked to the back of the little bar. It was so nasty...wouldn't flush and a sign that said to throw paper into bucket not the toilet. It was practically an outhouse. I tried

Y best. It to have to go back in there. I do think the tour operators take you to places their friends operate. Don't get me wrong we loved both of these tours but the bathroom was an issue during both. With the Bernard's tour we also went to Maho Beach at the Sunset Bar and they had a very nice bathroom.

Archived