Cabana Rental...

cawagner

They are right on the beach - I wanted to rent one last year when we went there but they were all booked....and I was trying to reserve in March for an October cruise!

Do a search in the threads and you can see a lot of pictures of the cabanas. We ended up being fine without it, but if my parents had gone with us (they are in their 70s and usually cruise with us) it would have been very nice for them to have the air conditioning.

Enjoy your cruise!

EDITED = Sorry! I didn't pay attention and thought you were talking about Half Moon Cay...ignore....

I rented one last year as a surprise for my Mom, she uses a wheelchair therefor doesn't "do" the beaches. We absolutely loved it, my DD and I ventured out and Mom just hung out there. It's completely enclosed and air conditioned, which was nice to use to cool off. They really are not far from the beach, they are right in front of the pool area.

Check out grandturkcc dot com for some pictures!

Thanks for that website patticake, I also see the Valor is the only ship in port that day. We really want to do some beach time and shop browsing. From the looks of those cabanas they are right at the pool area, and we probably wouldnt get much use out of them...it was a thought :)

Just rented a cabana on Grand Turk last week. They are located by the pool. One side of the pool has the cabanas and the other side has the beach. It's close enough to say the pool is almost on the beach. In fact, cabana 10 is within feet of the beach. We spent most of our time on the beach it's a minute or two walk from the cabanas.

They are air conditioned with couches inside. There are also two lounges on the shaded porch. What is also great is you are given a key to lock them, so you are able to leave your stuff inside and lock the door. There is a buzzer inside to ring for a waiter or waitress to order drinks or food from the bar.

The price posted is for the cabana not per person. They accommodate up to 4 people but we rented it for our group of 7 plus baby. We were never all there at the same time, it worked out great.

If you are considering renting one book it early, they sell out quickly since there are only 10 of them.

We rented one Thursday; we had #9 which was just a short walk (like 2 minutes) to the beach (1 is closest to the bar; 10 closest to the flow rider and a beach entrance); we didn't get to pick the cabana number. All the cabanas are within steps of the pool; with 2 ships in port, we didn't feel the pool (except the section by the bar) was crowded. My mom is not a water person so the cabana was perfect for us---she sat on the porch, which is covered and read her kindle while i went in and out of the pool; she went to the shops while i swam and we locked everything in the air conditioned cabana. We pushed the button inside for a waitress to come take our lunch order (not included in the price) and ate inside with air conditioning.

Archived