JCPenney deal

captainx

Has anyone heard anything about the JCPenney deal from earlier this year? We had to spend a certain amount and then they said they would mail us a voucher for a buy one get one cruise on Carnival. Others on this board had received a similar promotion.

I haven't looked at the specifics lately, but thought it was May when they were going to mail.

Just curious.

From What I understand the buy one get one free is for the brochure listed price. Not the lower price. So you are really paying the same as if you booked yourself. There is no real savings. so if the Brochure lists $1749 for inside. this is the price you would pay and get one free. Where as the super saver price for the same cabin is only $649 per person. go figure! they make you think you are getting a deal.

From What I understand the buy one get one free is for the brochure listed price. Not the lower price. So you are really paying the same as if you booked yourself. There is no real savings. so if the Brochure lists $1749 for inside. this is the price you would pay and get one free. Where as the super saver price for the same cabin is only $649 per person. go figure! they make you think you are getting a deal.

Cjar, has this exactly right.

Brochure rates are designed for the first-timer that walks into a brick'n'mortar agency with checkbook in hand and says, "I want to go on a cruise, how much do I write the check for?"

The agent knocks off 200 bucks, throws in a bottle of wine and a fruit basket in their cabin and that poor "guppy" swears by this agency for the rest of their cruise life . . . . .

. . . . . .Unless he owns a computer with internet access. :D

Has anyone heard anything about the JCPenney deal from earlier this year? We had to spend a certain amount and then they said they would mail us a voucher for a buy one get one cruise on Carnival. Others on this board had received a similar promotion.

I haven't looked at the specifics lately, but thought it was May when they were going to mail.

Just curious.

Do you have your origianl offer.....it would be good to know if it really says Brochure Rate......

Actually, it was a good deal -- but we checked it out first.

We got a balcony cabin on the Glory for next spring for about $1,700 -- that is the price for two, including taxes and port charges. Of course, it was listed as the price for one with one free.

At the same time, ***** was listing the same category cabin at $1,049 a person, plus taxes and port charges, which I figure would be about $100 each or $2,300 for two.

So, it wasn't exactly one free - but I figure we saved about $600 going this route.

And we got our adult daughter -- who just moved in an old house with lots of ugly wallpaper -- a steamer to remove her wallpaper. She is happy and so are we.

Incidentally, if you didn't hear from these people yet, there is a problem. The paperwork was promised by mid March.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed JCPenney's and they confirmed I had made the purchase as required. They say they are mailing me a replacement certificate. If course it isn't here yet but I'll let you all know if it arrives.

Just thought I'd post in case others had the same thing happen to them.

Archived