New to Oceania with question about ship lounge

sparty1

Hi to repeat Oceania cruisers. Hope to be one of you soon:-) Will be on Marina for 1st time. Does anyone know if the Concierge Lounge on deck 9 looks like the Executive Lounge that is shown on Oceania's 'virtual' tour? I know the Executive Lounge is for upper level cabin passengers, but was wondering if someone has seen the Concierge Lounge and its amenities? Thank you

The short answer is "yes".

If JimandStan and Hondorner weren't off on the Riviera Maiden Voyage, I'm sure they would have posted photos already. But since they're gone, the best I can do is give you a link to another thread where their photos were posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1619026&highlight=concierge+lounge

In depth discussion on that thread about the CL including said photos.

Hi to repeat Oceania cruisers. Hope to be one of you soon:-) Will be on Marina for 1st time. Does anyone know if the Concierge Lounge on deck 9 looks like the Executive Lounge that is shown on Oceania's 'virtual' tour? I know the Executive Lounge is for upper level cabin passengers, but was wondering if someone has seen the Concierge Lounge and its amenities? Thank you

Concierge lounge is beautiful and comfortable!!

Jancruz1

No the Executive and Concierge lounges do not look the same on either Marina or Riviera. We just came off Riviera's Christening cruise, and I checked them both. Though we normally have a cabin which allows us the use of the Exec Lounge, I prefer the layout of the Concierge.

Additionally there are key scanners at the doors, so that only those who are allowed to use the lounges will be permitted entry. When we were last on Marina (Nov-Dec '11) we were told that they will be installing door scanners on her also. The scanners were not in use during the Christening cruise, however we were told they would be turned on as of the Maiden voyage.

So informative! Thanx for that link. How do you find specific threads/posts like this?

The short answer is "yes".

If JimandStan and Hondorner weren't off on the Riviera Maiden Voyage, I'm sure they would have posted photos already. But since they're gone, the best I can do is give you a link to another thread where their photos were posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1619026&highlight=concierge+lounge

In depth discussion on that thread about the CL including said photos.

So informative! Thanx for that link. How do you find specific threads/posts like this?
:confused: Do you mean besides using the seatch feature? Whomever provided the link obviously used the search, as the words used (concierge lounge) appear in red.

LOL Yes, MaryEllen, I thought maybe there is another way to find specifics quicker than just the general search feature:-) With ur clarification, I'm assuming not. Thank you.

:confused: Do you mean besides using the seatch feature? Whomever provided the link obviously used the search, as the words used (concierge lounge) appear in red.

lounges?

Other than relaxing in a nice lounge with drinks/snacks and perhaps reading in quiet (unlike the library) or enjoying others' company, you can take advantage of the services of the concierge (for booking things on shore such as hotel, restaurant reservations, tours, etc).

You can use their Xerox to make copies from travel guide books, use their printer to print your boarding passes.

I am sure I am leaving out many things, but you get the idea.

It's kind of like an airport lounge - you don't really NEED it but it sure is a nicer place to wait for your flight.

Archived