Carseat for 5 year old?

2910car

My son is obsessed with all things purple, so when we started looking for boosters for him, he said he wanted a purple one. That's how I discovered this inflatable one that actually has very good safety ratings. We're taking it to Hawaii next week--it's already packed in its happy little bag, since boosters are not allowed on airplanes.

http://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-Portable-Booster-Seat-PURPLE/dp/B003GQ0LQ8

Downside: it's only good for 40 lbs. and up, whereas many of the high-back boosters are good for 30 lbs. and up.

For our car at home, he has one of those backless Graco ones, of course in purple. :D

While I realize you're trying to be helpful' date=' and you are correct in saying that boosters are useless without a seatbelt, there are MANY of us who have found seatbelts in the Carribean. Myself I have found them in Mexico, St. Thomas, Cuba and Roatan. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

[/quote']

I would agree with that--we did a tour in Antigua in a van that had seat belts. Which was handy because our driver hit a goat during the tour. (Luckily none of us were injured, and the goat miraculously ran off into a field, apparently uninjured as well? We still call that the "Hit-A-Goat Tour.")

I would agree with that--we did a tour in Antigua in a van that had seat belts. Which was handy because our driver hit a goat during the tour. (Luckily none of us were injured, and the goat miraculously ran off into a field, apparently uninjured as well? We still call that the "Hit-A-Goat Tour.")

Hahahahahahahaha! Way to turn a potential disaster into a funny story ;)

And yes - we have been all over the "Caribbean" and have lugged two car seats and then booster seats throughout our cruises. At NO time did I have to leave my car seat on the curb due to no seat belts ;)

Seatbelts DO exist in vans and taxis.

Archived