Holiday Inn on the Bay San Diego

Crusing Bob

Interested in any comments regarding this hotel for our upcoming stay in late October. I have read some comments that someone wouldn't stay there if it were free. Please give me your thoughts so I can cancel if it's that bad. A number of Holland America passengers stay here frequently I didn't remember bad comments but I would like objective criticisms, please.

Bob

Stayed there once, recently, and for the reason it was convenient to the terminal. Never again! There are lots of reviews, with varying opinions, on numerous travel sites such as Tripadvisor.

Interested in any comments regarding this hotel for our upcoming stay in late October. I have read some comments that someone wouldn't stay there if it were free. Please give me your thoughts so I can cancel if it's that bad. A number of Holland America passengers stay here frequently I didn't remember bad comments but I would like objective criticisms, please.

Bob

We considered the HI for our cruise. They wanted $185.00 plus tax per nite for two nights. Using Priceline I got the Marriott Gaslamp (4 Star) for $68.00 per night. Great location, ten dollar cab ride to the pier. We love SD.

We stayed there last September. This was our first cruise, and we wanted the experience of watching the early morning arrival and all of the work the ground lice do during the re-supplying (we had a 7th floor balcony directly across). It was also next door to Ruth Chris, which is one of our favorite steak houses.

It was spendy, and I wouldn't do it again for the price. There are less expensive options. Have fun!:D

Archived