Lunch in Tallinn

We would like to have lunch in Tallinn. Looking for a place in the old city. Pub-type fare would be good. Have looked at Porgu and Hell Hunt, do not want something as touristy as Old Hansa. Any suggestions?

We would like to have lunch in Tallinn. Looking for a place in the old city. Pub-type fare would be good. Have looked at Porgu and Hell Hunt, do not want something as touristy as Old Hansa. Any suggestions?

There are a number of options in wonderful Tallinn. We ate outside on the main plaza overlooking the City Hall there. Nearby are other options. Here are some of visuals below on some of those options to experience this charming and historic city.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 81,835 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 70,487 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Outdoor lunch options on Tallinn’s main square:

1A-TallinOutdoorLunch.jpg

At lunch, enjoying Tallinn’s local beer. This is the most popular beer in Estonia and the oldest operating brewery. Their slogan: "it's about the taste". We agree!!!:

1A-TallinLocalBeer.jpg

Parade in old city of Tallinn on a festival Saturday with a famed dining place, Olde Hansa, in the background:

1A-TallinParadeWh.jpg

I cannot remember the restaurant name, but I'll use Terry's photo as a guide. Last summer, I ate at a restaurant "in the corner" of the photo --- at the left side of the building on the right ... to the left of the rent shade umbrellas.

My husband first picked one of the restaurants from the building on the left, but they could not accommodate my low-sodium requirements. So he ate his lunch while I watched, then we moved ... and I ate my lunch while he watched. They made a special low-sodium meal for me that was yummy. I think it was a chicken casserole dish with vegetables. We both agreed that my meal was the better of the 2 .. and the staff was so friendly.

Do most restaurants accept credit cards?

When in Tallinn, many of the sit-down dining places seemed to accept credit cards. We ate at the House Cafe shown in the top picture. Check first, but lots of places do. If you have nice weather, dining outside is great to enjoy the weather, setting, people-watching, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 82,951 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 70,872 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In Tallinn we ate at a place recommended by Rick Steves, Vanaema Juures. It is a block behind the town square and opens at 12:00. We had an excellent lunch and local beer. Very nice folks, and they take credit cards.

Archived