Confused about Free Airfare

sterling9

Please forgive my ignorance about this. I did read some previous posts but I am confused.

Here are the details....can someone help me?

• We are on the November 7th Sailing from Barcelona to Athens.
  • We will fly from BWI to Barcelona (or PHL if that will give us better flights)
  • Part of the promotion for our cruise was "free airfare". It is my understanding that this means that Oceania will arrange our airfare. (My travel agent is our of town right now and won't be back for 2 weeks, this is why I am asking for help on the board...)

Here is what we'd like to know:

1. What airline does Oceania use from BWI or PHL to Barcelona? We have frequent flyer miles on several airlines and would like to upgrade to business class.
  2. Can we use our miles?
  3. Can we ask Oceania to give us a "credit" rather than to take their airfare deal? If yes, How much would that credit be?

Any help appreciated....we'd love to get rid of those frequent flyer miles, and I know we need to book our airfare soon if we want to use them. I just didn't know how Oceania's free airfare worked.

Thanks!

1. What airline does Oceania use from BWI or PHL to Barcelona? We have frequent flyer miles on several airlines and would like to upgrade to business class.
  2. Can we use our miles?
  3. Can we ask Oceania to give us a "credit" rather than to take their airfare deal? If yes, How much would that credit be?

Any help appreciated....we'd love to get rid of those frequent flyer miles, and I know we need to book our airfare soon if we want to use them. I just didn't know how Oceania's free airfare worked.

Thanks!

Sterling9...

#1 - Not sure if there is a particular carrier. If you would like to request a particular carrier, you can request an air deviation for $50 per person plus any additional cost of fare.

#2 - Several have posted that most tickets issued by cruise lines are not upgradeable.

#3 - Yes a discount is made to your total booking price - call your travel agent or Oceania directly to find out the amount. The amount varies based on embarkation/disembarkation cities.

Good luck! :D

Joe

Guest Jancruz

2. Can we use our miles?

Thanks!

1) No you cannot upgrade for points

2) No you cannot use miles

3) yes and you have to check with your TA when he/she returns

Jan:)

Archived