Carnival, Celebrity and Norwegian; oh my

jonle1

nice title right? there are so many choices; it is very very hard to choose: so i am wondering if anyone has insight in some of the choices that I have now narrowed down to. These will all occur somewhere around Thanksgiving 2012.

NCL - Epic

Celebrity Summit

Carnival Dream

Carnival Victory

Princess Ruby

or the other alternative now is the usual going back to Europe and do a castle tour of the UK; London air is actually 895 p/p

would appreciate anyone's opinions, thanks!

It depends entirely on what you are looking for in a cruise as everyone is different. I have sailed on Carnival, NCL and Celebrity and of those we most definitely prefer Celebrity. We like cruises with fewer children, better food, less rowdy entertainment and just an overall more upscale feel to it.

nice title right? there are so many choices; it is very very hard to choose: so i am wondering if anyone has insight in some of the choices that I have now narrowed down to. These will all occur somewhere around Thanksgiving 2012.

NCL - Epic

Celebrity Summit

Carnival Dream

Carnival Victory

Princess Ruby

or the other alternative now is the usual going back to Europe and do a castle tour of the UK; London air is actually 895 p/p

as cruzelover said, its hard to provide an answer without some specifics ..

but I can say the NCL Epic was fantastic. My partner and I enjoyed The Epic alot. We have been on The Oasis, but thought The Epic was more fun. We are in our late 40s. No kids. But travelled on both The Epic and The Oasis with others and their teens. The Epic entertainment were better, and the bars / nightlife was great.

NCL - Epic

Celebrity Summit

Carnival Dream

Carnival Victory

Princess Ruby

You must try Pied Piper post-Thanksgiving cruise on Celebrity and you will be hooked.:D

Unless you're allergic to dressing up once or twice on the cruise, I would skip NCL. We've just had too many service issues with them to risk recommending them.

I think the Ruby Princess or the Celebrity ship are the most pleasing in your list.

NCL - Epic

Celebrity Summit

Carnival Dream

Carnival Victory

Princess Ruby

You question is far too broad and each of your choice is like comparing apples to oranges. Are you looking for budget, premium, deluxe? You are traveling with a friend or partner or just solo? Do you want a young fun crowd or mixed crowd? Would you like to be part of a GLBT group to socialize and dining with? Do you want formal nights or all casual? Do you want a solo cabin? There are a lot of choices. But let me broadly go over your choices:

NCL - Epic (All casual, multiple dining options, solo studio cabins, great entertainment, mixed crowd, budget)

Celebrity Summit (upscale premium line, formal nights, mixed older crowd/couples, nightlife is quiet and refined, great dining)

Carnival Dream (The fun party ships, great for solo cruisers, 2 formal nights, great nightlife and entertainment, great for younger people or active older people, budget priced)

Carnival Victory (Same as Carnival Dream.)

Princess Ruby (Similar to Celebrity, huge ships, lot of dining options, formal nights, nightly shows - refined and elegant lounges/bars, mixed passenger base-some singles, younger people, but most older couples)

There is also a huge GLBT Pied Piper group going on the RCCL Allure of the Seas post-Thanksgiving. You might want to check that out especially if you are traveling solo. They also offer share cabins to avoid the single supplement.

There are ton of reviews of each of these ships here on Cruisecritic. You should read as many of possible and get a feel of what each ships offers.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/

NCL - Epic

Celebrity Summit

Carnival Dream

Carnival Victory

Princess Ruby

Another Columbus, Ohio opinion, but remember it's just an opinion

Only cruised on NCL once with a grand itinerary but we found their MDR food to be poor, at best.

We like Celebrity a lot, especially the Equinox which has possibly been the most beautiful ship we've cruised upon. Upscale, very friendly crew and fellow passengers, slightly older (more mature) passengers, like us.

We just experienced our first Princess cruise. Lovely vessel, great fellow passengers, food not as good as Celebrity or even CCL, but certainly not bad.

If you go with CCL Dream would suggest a cove balcony for an interesting experience being that close to the water. We like Carnival for the price and a generally fun experience. Slightly younger mix of passengers and usually more children, depending on when you cruise.

You could always consider a European cruise, as we have on three occasions, especially if you can find a reasonable airfare. :)

Archived