Cozumel cavern dive

aqua

The Miracle is offering a cavern dive in Cozumel. Does anyone know anything about it? Would it be a better, more interesting dive than the regular ones offered by the ship. I would appreciate all opinions and advice. Thanks!

I've never heard of a cavern dive in Cozumel. Do you think that you could provide a bit more detail or a link to the Carnival description.

All that I know about something close to that would be the cenote dives, but they are on the mainland. If I had only one day in Cozumel, I would spending it diving with http://www.bluextseadiving.com, or one of the other small operators.

The yucutan peninsula and cozumel are famous for their cavern dives. If you want more info do a search on the yucutan and cenote. The entire region is a limestone formation with a huge underground fresh water system. If you've ever been to any of the caverns in the US like Carlsbad that is what you will dive in. The water temp is usuallly about 72F with unlimited, perfectly clear water. If you've never dove a cavern then you should try it. I've never dove the caverns on Cozumel, but I have dove the caverns along the coast and loved every minute of them. By the way. Wear a wetsuit. The water temp is cold enough to require it.

Jerry

Thanks everyone. The dive is at Chikin Ha Cenote Cavern and is 30-40 feet. I talked to my husband, and he will probably do the regular dive in Cozumel instead. This one does sound interesting though. Thanks for the input!

Archived