2day cruise's

buthead2009

Think of cruise on steroids. Very fast paced, busy and everyone trying to cram a week cruise into 2 nights. Worth it? YES! Same ocean and sailaway that always makesme feel tingly inside!!!

Had a weekend cruise on CCL not long ago, and I will echo the fact that it can be FRANTIC! The line, and passengers, were trying to cram 4 days worth of stuff into 2 days...including the partying. I think there were some people that didn't use their bed the entire cruise. :)

We just did our first 2 nighter recently and loved it. Unfortunately seems the prices just keep going up up up. It a fun getaway and nice to ease the between cruise doldrums :).

Come on, you need to book! We just booked the Feb 1, 2013 Jewel 2 nighter. Rates are higher but worth it because we have such a good time sailing with all the people we don't usually get to do longer cruises with. So we're just doing an inside for this one!

The "other" most important events of these CTN 1 nighter & 2 nighters - partying, partying & more partying among the crowds, "younger" faces than the typical cruises - and sales of alcohol for consumption ...

NCL & other cruise lines loved it as they can generate more sales than a typical 7 nighter - just sign for it & billed to credit card (don't need to pay cash for the tabs)

It's introduction / orientation to cruising - but, the experience isn't exactly identical, i.e. noises in the hallway in the late night hours (or, ultra early morning hours with the crowd coming thru)

As others said, prices keep going up & when everything is finally added up together, it's not quite the "bargain" that it seemed to represent - lots of packed cabins with 3 or 4 adults in Pullman beds sharing the basic charges in trying to keep the costs down. :D:eek:

love cruises to nowhere!!

Kerri Ann

NCl Breakawy June 23, 2013 (396 days to go)

NCL Gem Sept. 28, 2012 (128 days to go)

NCL Star April 2012 CTN

NCL Jewel Oct. 2011

NCl Gem Feb. 2011 CTN

Disney Magic 2002

Princess 1988

As others said, prices keep going up & when everything is finally added up together,

The past April 2 Day CTN on the Star the price went as low as $189 (plus tax) for an inside but it was like that for only a few hours. NYC taxes add at least $100 per person. The ship showed sold out for a long time until a month before and then cabins appeared and disappeared quickly. The website would say only suites but when you went to select your cabin they sometimes had other cabins available.

My CTN one day a year ago on Gem went as low as $79 inside I got it at $99 again plus tax. What I would pay if I did dinner and a Broadway show staying overnight in a NYC Hotel.

Princess is doing a 4 day Brooklyn NYC to Bermuda Oct. 27th. very big Roll Call which names Party Cruise. Leaves Saturday, Day at sea, Bermuda 8a-5p, day at sea, debark 7am. Now about $120 a day.

I like CTN's, they allow me to scratch my cruise itch. If I was in Florida I'd probably do a lot of 3/4 nighters or LA on Carnival has 3/4 nighters.

Archived