Honeymoon Beach

Jiffymom

RCL offers many ways to get there. Catamarans,Tiki boats, Pirate ships. But I'm wondering which offers the most beach time. A hour just doesn't seem like enough time to enjoy the beauty

It's easy to get there on your own if all you really want is beach time. There's a ferry that regularly leaves from Crown Bay for $5 pp each way.

You have to walk about 1/2 mile to the beach along a paved road, and part of that road is a fairly steep hill.

Some say yes, and some say no, but I was able to see 6 different species just by looking down from the Kon Tiki Party Boat. Most of the fish are off to the sides of the beach where it's rocky. There are also lots of little "bait" fish that were swimming right near the kids. They loved that!

There are better snorkeling beaches like Coki, Secret Harbor, and Sapphire on St Thomas.

• 2 weeks later...

The OP is referring to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island. Cruzin' RN is referring to the Honeymoon Beach on STJ.

Here's info on Water Island ferry.

http://www.waterislandwica.com/FerryService

Both Honeymoon beaches are popular with sailing excursions, so there are times when there are more people on those beaches than usual. That's why it may be better to go on your own so you can get there before the crowds.

There is a Honeymoon Beach at Water Island which is easily accessed by a ten minute local ferry ride. Two years ago, my husband and I zipped off the cruise ship, headed for Water Island and had the place all to ourselves for almost 2 hrs. before a pirate boat arrived. Snorkeling is better along the rocks on the right side, if you are facing the water. Bring your own equipment.

Re the Honeymoon Beach at St. John. I am not sure how you get there from St. Thomas as we were staying on St. John at Caneel Bay. We snorkeled and sun bathed in isolation until the cruise-ship excursion showed up. I don't think it lasted more than an hour, but there was utter chaos while they were there.

Archived