Extra Luggage

Is there an exception to the number of bags and weight of bags for brides? I'm not getting married on embarktion day but I will have extra "stuff". Does someone meet you when you get to port to help. Its going to be awful standing in line with everything... including the dress!

Carnival Conquest - June 5, 2012

It's been a few months since my last cruise, but I have never experienced a limit on # of bags or weight. There are generally porters right there to assist in exchange for tips when you are unloading, you'll just need to decide ahead of time what you're carrying on & what you're checking.

There should not be a limit on how much luggage the ship will allow youto bring. Just a warning to keep in mind that whatever you bring on board will need to be stored in your cabin.

I not married on embarkation day, and also had lots of 'stuff'. We took a divide-and-conquer approach. Everyone took something extra to make it easier to navigate the boarding process. I carried on the wedding clothes, my sister took the flowers, another sister carried on the OOT bags, etc. Most everything was packed in collapsable duffle-type bags so that they would be easy to store onboard, and so that they would be easy to get back home.

We checked our two big suitcases and garment bag with the porters. We carried on my dress and all of our wedding stuff in boxes, bungee corded on a collapsible wheeled cart ($20 from Meijer).

When we went through security we unbungeed the boxes, I threw them through the scanner one at a time, and DH stacked them back up on the other side as they came out. Security is always chaotic, but it was surprisingly smooth with a little teamwork.

After the wedding, we tossed all the boxes except for one to bring home bouquets and keepsakes. The cart was kind of nice to have, and it was collapsible so we could have put it in our suitcase if we didn't have that one box and my dress to carry off at the end of the cruise.

We had a ton of crap to carry on and check, so if there had been a limit, we definitely would have met/passed it! :D

There is no weight or number limit on Carnival--just whatever you're willing to carry/roll depending on your wedding. We're only taking our gowns and flowers as carry-ons for our sea-day wedding--everything else is getting packed into suitcases.

Archived