Just home from Conquest..Any Questions????

Taylor523

How was the entertainment on board? Was there song/dance every night? What dining time did you have and what are your thoughts on anytime dining? Were there many "free" classes to participate it, ie, scrapbooking, dance, etc.?

Thanks for your help. We will all appreciate your thoughts.

Hey, I am booked to go on this same cruise in August. I have read in a few spots where CCL has changed the itinerary around on some cruises. I have read that some have gone to Cozumel first instead of last and all around just changing the order of the ports. Did you have this happen on your cruise?

Also, I am considering making reservations for the Steakhouse (never experienced this with Carnival) for the next to the last night. We will be cruising with her parents who are cruise rookies and never experienced the main dining room song and dance. I am ok with missing it 1 night but would rather them not. So would Friday night be ok to book the Steakhouse you think?

Was there a live band at o

Pool or DJ. What we were th 2 main theater shows. I have heard one is Click And point I think I saw this on first cruise about 12 years ago

Raad04:

We saw a few of the comedy shows, one of the "broadway" type shows, and we saw the comedian/juggler. The comedy shows, we liked all of the comedians except one. We only went to the adult comedy shows and not the family. The 10,11, and midnight shows filled QUICK.. so get there early if you want a seat. We got there 30 minutes ahead of time and there were no seats. The broadway show was ok. We stayed for about half of the show and left bc my boyfriend was falling asleep. The comedian/juggler was HILARIOUS and a great performer. Every night there was a different "showtime" ...the two we saw were the juggler and broadway.

We had dining at 8:15 and we have already decided that next time we will do the earlier dining time. The timing for everything seemed to fit a little better with the earlier dining time. I honestly don't know about anytime dining. I didn't know anyone on the ship with anytime dining to know how they liked it. But it would have an advantage if you are trying to get alot of scheduled "activities" in because we had some time conflicts with things we wanted to do. And yes, we could have skipped dinner but tried to go every night.

All day, every day there are many activites. I didn't see scrapbooking but there is karaoke, dance classes, the different "showtime" , deck activities, and more that I can't think of right now! lol Hope this helps!

I have a question... Were you actually able to anchor in Grand Cayman on Thursday? We were on the Liberty and the captain said the seas were too rough to anchor and tender in... But I saw your ship there as we pulled away from port after a valiant effort that lasted all of 5 minutes past our ETA time... Needless to say, we weren't particularly thrilled.

PopeSailin:

Luckily, our itinerary never changed. We went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Mexico.. in that order.

If I remember correctly, they did the song and dance everynight except for the first night, Sunday. But each night they do the singing and dancing, is the same but different songs so it wouldn't be TOO awful if they missed a night of it. The last dinner they sing the farewell song. I say the same because on the Elation one or two nights they had the flashing lights and other "special" things, but on the conquest it was all the same with different songs. But still very entertaining!!! In my opinion, Friday would be a great night to go

crindy:

The pool had a live band and music. They did a good job of having different kinds of music also. DJ was out for things like deck party.

I only saw the Point & Click show... I didn't go to the other and i'm not sure what the name of it was. There are so many things to do we mised alot... but still did alot.

hassellcastle:

I'm so jelous that your cruise is so close!! I wanna go backk! You are going to have soo much fun. This was my third and im addicted already. We didn't do any shore excursions. In Jamaica we went to a beach... called something like Dr's Cave Beach. It was about a 5-10 minute drive past margaritaville. We went there and then walked to margaritaville. That took up all of our day! In Grand Cayman we just shopped some and got back on the boat. We were exhausted and went back to take a nap. Next time, we will plan to do an excursion for sure in Grand Cayman. This place does have beaches but ALOT of it is shoppping areas. So if you weren't planning on shopping here, in my opinion it would be a good stop to do an excursion. In Mexico, we went to Carlos & Charlies on the beach.

jdwjdw:

That's exciting!!! Hope you have a great time...even though I know you will. Ok so I was on the Elation May 2011 and Elation again a few years ago. This was my first time on the Conquest! I lovedddd the boat! It's huge and was in great shape. The lido deck was always full of people. Get out there early if you want a seat! But later in the afternoon, the chairs start clearing out.

We had a balcony room 6412. I read some complaints on here about being on the 6th floor because of the noise, but we didn't have any problems. Some nights we were out until 3am and others I was in bed at 10pm. No noise...ever! Our room steward also said hello when we passed and our room was always cleaned and filled with ice. All of the staff were friendly and were ready to wait on you hand and foot. Our "head waitress" at dinner, Siri, was awesome. We loved her. She greeted us by name everynight, knew what we liked and didn't like. I was with my boyfriend and three other guys who gave her a little bit of a hard time, and she just gave it right back to them ( nothing rude, mainly just pickin with her) Also, a drink server, Wayne, was our other favorite. He knew our sail & sign card numbers by the second day. He remembered our names, what we liked to drink, and would always approach us by name in the dining area, lido deck, and comedy club to make sure we were taken care of. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the ENTIRE staff was.

The dining room food was great. I highly recommend eating there every night! Especially the night they have the shrimp and lobster. The fish & chips restaurant was also really good and I got to try some new things. It is only open a few hours so be sure to catch it! The buffet was average. There were different options everyday which helped to change it up. The room service food was probably my least favorite. It wasn't bad, just my least favorite. Just let me know if you have any more questions! This is my first time doing this, so I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of information.

Also, I am considering making reservations for the Steakhouse (never experienced this with Carnival) for the next to the last night. We will be cruising with her parents who are cruise rookies and never experienced the main dining room song and dance. I am ok with missing it 1 night but would rather them not. So would Friday night be ok to book the Steakhouse you think?

We did the steakhouse on Tuesday night on the seven-day Conquest. I chose that because it was a sea day and not a formal night. I booked ahead, but they were not busy at all. I also think Friday night would be a good night. Also, if you go the first night of your sailing, they'll give you a free bottle of wine. We really enjoyed the steakhouse and were glad we went.

We did this cruise on April 22nd...Carnival did change our schedule so it was Cozumel, Grand Cayman and then Jamaica. A friend was on the following cruise the next week and they also changed their original schedule. It really wasn't a big deal to us but found out later that another Carnival ship stayed on the original schedule and had absolutely beautiful weather every day! It rained on us all day in Jamaica, where we had booked jamaica for a day dot com. But besides for that it was fine. We went swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel and snorkeled the USS Kittiwake in Grand Cayman. We did the Point Steakhouse, I can't remember which night because we had to change it several times because we didn't want to do it on an elegant night, but it was very good. That will be something we do on every cruise now! This was our 2nd time on the Conquest, and all though she is clean she really needs to be "deep" cleaned...like the carpet shampooed! I would not wear my shoes in our room and would have to wash my feet before getting in bed, even though I had taken a shower just an hour before. Just little things like that, nothing major. I think the worse thing was the smell during the muster drill on deck 4...now that was unpleasant. Looking forward to cruising her again next April after she's been in drydock for the 2.0 upgrades :D

We were also on this sailing. There was a group of 54 of us. True the food is not exactly as it once was but you certainly will not be hungry. We had the late dining because of our large group. Usually we prefer the Your Time Dining which suits us well. Do not miss Barry in the Piano Bar. He was the highlight for most of our group. Totally Awesome. We saw one comedy show & it was OK. All of the ecursions for the group were pre-booked and here is what they did. Jamaica..Some did ziplining (about 40 of them) ,others did Sunset Resort (loved it) & some did just a sightseeing to Rose Hall & the area with Trevor Hudlin from Island Marketing. That's what we did and then we ate at the Pork Pit..Yummy.

In Grand Cayman...yes we saw the Liberty come in and then sailed away..Most just went to 7 mile beach as it spit rain most of the day...My husband & I just got off the ship & got on an island tour at the dock & it was ok. In Cozumel the entire group went to an AI Mr. Sanchos. We enjoyed the cruise and went knowing that there would be a ship load of young people but we contributed to that.

We had our first aft wrap and it was nice but being as my husband is a cabin rat I will not book another so he will get out of the cabin. If I can help any of you just let me know also.

FYI ..We did not smell any smells or have any dirty carpet.

We were also on this sailing. ...

We had our first aft wrap and it was nice ....

Do you have photos of your aft wrap? I'm on the Conquest sailing Sept 16th and in my first aft wrap as well (cabin 6452). Other than DH not leaving the room, did you love the wrap?

Not really any photos but the way that 7440 was arranged it really felt much nicer & larger than the actual sq. ft. The only thing is if you are not a sun person you have to move as the sun moves. One side of the balcony is always in the sun. At the time we uauLLY SAIL (Nov-March) it would not be so hot & would be very pleasant. Morning coffee & a Nitecap out the was very nice. There are photos on another site . I saw them before we sailed just go to search this forum & put in aft wrap & I'll bet you could find some for your cabin.

Archived