Tabayana Excursion Q's

CruisinTeacher4

1-We're on the Legend--anyone remember what time they have you meet to drive over?

2-What's the food situation like/cost?

3-Where can we rent snorkel gear?

From what I recall, you will meet right after the ship docks, at a location up at the top of the hill found after you walk thru the duty free shop, where there will be people holding tour signs directing you to where you will wait for the bus. I'd suggest getting the earliest bus that is convenient for you for a better choice of beach chairs & to be able to get into the water before the crowds arrive. About a 40 minute drive to Tayabana Beach.

We pack a light lunch after breakfast of a bagel, ham & cheese & cerial for the fish. You can buy burgers, beer, sodas etc there at tourist prices, or walk down the beach for a varriety of places selling food.

Snorkel gear is available from Tayabana & also on the beach to rent for $10 to $15 PP.

Enjoy snorkeling Tayabana as much as we do.

Bill in FL

You will be told where to meet and the time. Depending on how many cruisers use this excursion, will determine when you leave. THey won't leave with a half empty bus/van. So you might have to sit until it fills.

You are going to find food choices cheaper and much better at any of the spots along the beach. Right next door is Infinity Bay Resort, which has a nice outdoor spot to eat and drink. Also Fosters or Bananarama beach clubs down the beach offer the same. Just walk tot he beach and you'll see them. We found food is not expensive on the beach. You can get a burger or fish sandwich for under 10$. No different than a Chilis or Bw3 at home. And there will be appetizers or salads if you want to save your appetites for dinner.

IMO, I wouldn't bring food off the ship. First you aren't supposed to.. per ship policies. Too, you'll want to experience the day away from the ship and have fun enjoying the local spots.

Tabyana excursions offer one versoion that has the complete package. Food, rentals etc. But I wouldn't do that. You might also want to look at banarama's day package that includes ride and chair and free drink for $30 a person I think. Go thru these threads and you'll find other options if interested in saving money.

Tabyana is just a piece of the beach that runs about a mile. Albeit at the closest point to walk in snorkeling.

We went there in May of this year on the CCL Dream, did the beach break thru the ship. Boy, was it wonderful. The best snorkel experience I have ever done. I did not want to leave!

Here is a shot of the beach.

2172287120105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is another shot that was on the snorkel/dive section, you can see all the reefs from this sky view. Glorious:D

2494614360105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

We love Tabyana too and didn't want to leave! I wish Carnival would make this an all day port instead of departing at 3pm! :(

We were outside waiting for a Carnival bus to fill up, so as people arrive, the buses leave. We were the first bus out at about 8:15 and on Tabyana beach by 9am.

There are food and drinks available there for a fee, but you can get free iced tea, lemonade or water there. You can also rent snorkel equipment (including life vest) from the hut for $15 or rent from a private vendor on the beach for $10 (not including life vest).

Would take a cruise just to go back to Tabyana, as I priced flights to Roatan and I'd be paying MORE than if I just cruised there.

Depending on date and location - I can fly to Roatan for about the money as a flight to Florida and I can stay a week at West Bay Beach for a fraction of a 7 nt balcony. I'm giving it serious thought. We liked it so much, a few hours doesn't seem adequate.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

Archived